• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Amateur bourbon drinker.

I enjoy Blantons a lot. Can't find it anymore.

I like Basil Hayden ok. a little better than Woodford, Knob Creek, Bulleit.

Still trying to find something as close to Blanton's under $50.

Anybody seen any Elmer T Lee around lately? If so, what's it going for?

I bought some the other day for 39 (which I think is close to the MSRP), but haven't tried it yet. Another store in the same area has it for 65.

Anyone ever tried to make your own vermouth/amaro? I tried a couple weekends ago and it was a MASSIVE fail. I followed a recipe from a restauranteur here in town whose housemade vermouth is exceptional, but mine wasn't even close. The sweet was better than the dry, but neither were palatable. Either I fucked something up or the public recipe is straight up lying.

Amateur bourbon drinker.

I enjoy Blantons a lot. Can't find it anymore.

I like Basil Hayden ok. a little better than Woodford, Knob Creek, Bulleit.

Still trying to find something as close to Blanton's under $50.

Try Ancient Age (or Ancient Ancient Age) for a cheaper pour/mixer. It's the same mashbill as Blantons.

Rock Hill Farms is also the same mashbill and a higher proof (I prefer RHF to Blantons)...it's about the same price as Blantons (maybe a little more expensive).

Anyone ever tried to make your own vermouth/amaro? I tried a couple weekends ago and it was a MASSIVE fail. I followed a recipe from a restauranteur here in town whose housemade vermouth is exceptional, but mine wasn't even close. The sweet was better than the dry, but neither were palatable. Either I fucked something up or the public recipe is straight up lying.

He can't give away his secrets! He wants you to have to go to his establishment to have those cocktails.

Just picked up two sets of these

n7587296799989755908-1.jpg

even your ice molds kinda look like boobs

Of course they do...

Tried Jefferson's Reserve last night and really liked it.

Sipping on this tonight, prepping for what is going to be a most eventful week for me. Good or bad, I'm not sure yet

67172005ff7f9cab2f15dad0f21cd1e2.jpg

So I picked up a bottle of 1792 Sweet Wheat and a bottle of Barterhouse while on vacation. Haven't opened either yet. May sit on the Barterhouse and sell it down the road if the hype continues. Looking forward to trying the Sweet Wheat. OGD 114 went up as B&D said. Back in February, I got it in Kentucky for under $20. It was close to $30 in Florida.

So instead of bourbon tonight, I'm going tequila. Now this isn't your ordinary 1800, Patron, Herradura stuff. This is unique tasting, kinda fruity and light, and 110pf but wicked smooth. If you can find this I can't recommend it enough.

226affc21cf7c425fae38da95246813b.jpg

$22 in upstate SC near CLT.

Going with a cheapo mix tonight of 50/50 EW BIB and EW 1783. Made up a small bottle of the mix so I'll see how it melds over the next couple days.

Last edited:
Back