• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

If you can get your hands on Leaf by Oscar stick, take it without second thoughts. An incredibly good smoke. Leafs are hard to come by though. If you're in Winston (I don't think you are), Twin City Cigar Company normally has a box of them. If you can't come across one, another good smoke is Omar Ortez Original. Gets a 90 rating and can normally be had for fairly cheap. I've got a San Cristobal waiting to be smoked that the people at twin city cigar recommended. They always give great recommendations.

Last edited:
Just get Old Granddad BiB and some Arturo Fuente Hemingway's and get down with some football

I opened that OESV and all I taste is pepper. May need some more ice cubes.

Got an e-mail from Mecklenburg County this AM about Old Fitz 20 year. I replied back, but doubt I will get a bottle. $299 :noidea:

Isn't that a 375ml bottle for that price? Seems...aggressively priced.

Fortunate to have snagged a midwinter nights dram today.

The Olivia's that I have smoked were pretty damn good, I've just never dropped any coin on them. But my better cigar smoking days are way behind me.

I finished off my open bottle of Elmer T Lee on Friday night after my Dad and I fired up the smokers and loaded 14 pork butts on it. Then we finished off half a bottle of the 1792 Sweet Wheat Saturday afternoon. Trying to decide what to open next or if I should finish off another open bottle.

Forgot to mention I had a pour of this year's Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon on Saturday night; was really good neat, but I thought it opened up really well with a bit of water.

Use to I could find OWA anywhere in upstate SC and now I can't find it anywhere. You guys having any problems in NC or GA?

OWA is a damn ghost in DC. Haven't seen it in years. I'll see Special Reserve every once in a while, but never OWA or the 12.

Isn't that a 375ml bottle for that price? Seems...aggressively priced.

It's trading for $600+ on the secondary market. Bourbon prices are stupid right now. It does make the Pappy20 I bought from Meck ABC last year for $150 seem cheap though. I feel like I'm late to the party when it comes to Bourbon. I was just starting to really enjoy it and began tracking down a few bottles to try when prices went through the roof. Bourbon that sold for $20 retail a year or so ago is $150+ now, IF you can find it. I've mostly given up and just gone back to drinking standard off-the-shelf stuff.

Got an e-mail from Mecklenburg County this AM about Old Fitz 20 year. I replied back, but doubt I will get a bottle. $299
noidea.gif

I didn't see the email so it took me an hour to reply. I didn't hear anything today so I assume I didn't get a bottle. The word is out on the email list at this point. During the last special release, I replied 5 minutes after the initial email and didn't get anything.

Last edited:
I see OWA at probably 3rd or 4th ABC store I stop in around NC. Generally you can find it at stores outside of the major population areas (though not in extremely rural stores).

OWA is a damn ghost in DC. Haven't seen it in years. I'll see Special Reserve every once in a while, but never OWA or the 12.
Montgomery county had some in stock in March. It was gone within a few days, but I was able to snag 3 bottles.

Montgomery county had some in stock in March. It was gone within a few days, but I was able to snag 3 bottles.

I check the MoCo database every once and a while and haven't ever seen it in stock

yeah it's very scarce now which was why I was surprised to see a couple bottles in south Texas

Back