• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Last night, my friend asked me about Templeton Rye. I panicked and told him to go with a better option at that level and tossed out Sazerac. Should I have recommended something maybe a little easier to find?

What's the market like on OWA 107? I currently know where 10 bottles are sitting on a shelf.

Couple days behind. But on the seventeenth day of Christmas Jesus gave to me: Kininvie 23 years old Batch 3. This scotch had been matured in ex-bourbon casks for the majority of its life before being finished in ex-sherry casks for the final six months. Never heard of this one before. Really pale in color. Really nice honey and orange flavors. Pleasant heat. Light peat. Really really nice.

On the eighteenth day of Christmas Jesus gave to me: Talisker 18 year. Whoa this is peaty. Grassy, maybe a little leathery and some orange. Really nice scotch, especially for those that like peat. Mr. RLS would approve I'm sure. "The king o' drinks, as I conceive it, Talisker, Islay, or Glenlivet."

On the nineteenth day of Christmas Jesus gave to me: Lost Distilleries Blend Batch 6. The is a blend from now closed distilleries including Mosstowie, Port Ellen, Glenisla, Imperial, Caperdonich, Glen Mhor and Brora, and grain whiskies from Port Dundas. Only 534 bottles produced. This is the most unique so far. Grassy, peaches, chocolate. This is probably my favorite of the lot so far. Just a really fun, interesting and delicious whiskey. I wish I could get more.

On the twentieth day of Christmas Jesus gave to me: Glenfarclas 40 yr. This is superb. Light smoke, spicy, orange, maybe dates. The ~£490 price tag is a little too rich for my blood tho.

Merry Christmas to me.

IMG_5555.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

On the twenty-first day of Christmas Jesus gave to me: Craigellachie 8 Year Old 2006 - Strictly Limited (Càrn Mòr). Very pale color. Fresh nose; lemon and mint. Not really complex, but very smooth. I like it fine but wouldn't seek it out.

On the twenty-second day of Christmas Jesus gave to me: Longmorn 28 Year Old 1984 (cask 3213) - Rare Select (Montgomerie's). For being super spendy and rare, I don't really care for this one. It's very pale and barely has any nose to it. I literally get nothing. It's got a sharp bite at front that gave me hope, with some citrus, but finishes with nothing. Disappointing.

1st bottle of bourbon as a present received and its a giant bottle of Bulliet wheat. Good solid start for these type of presents.

I was watching the game last night with a hand of WL Weller Special Collection (90 Proof). First time sipping on a Weller bourbon and it didn't disappoint. How much better is OWA? One of these days...

I was watching the game last night with a hand of WL Weller Special Collection (90 Proof). First time sipping on a Weller bourbon and it didn't disappoint. How much better is OWA? One of these days...

It's great! Drinks a little hot for a 107 IMO, but very different from the Special Reserve. It's a phenomenal value if it's not marked up too badly.

It's great! Drinks a little hot for a 107 IMO, but very different from the Special Reserve. It's a phenomenal value if it's not marked up too badly.

Damn!

Buckets - you ever see OWA at Beverage Warehouse? A guy I see there a lot (the owner?) says that they get it in once every couple months, but it goes pretty quick. I managed to snag the last bottle of the Special Reserve and the case arrived the day before.

Back