• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Pappy 12 - Just got an email that the Meck County ABC has a few bottles for $41.55. How does it compare to others in that price range? I definitely want to grab a bottle of the 20 someday, but I've heard mixed reviews on the 12.

Pappy 12 - Just got an email that the Meck County ABC has a few bottles for $41.55. How does it compare to others in that price range? I definitely want to grab a bottle of the 20 someday, but I've heard mixed reviews on the 12.

At that price give it a shot. Pappy is a wheated bourbon, so it's going to be different from other bourbons just based on the ingredients.

I got a handle of 4 Rose's last night at ABC for 25.99

4 Rose's is my bottom tier for sipping on the rocks and I'm trying to keep my costs down this week since I'm going all out for St. Patty's Day. My liquor store near me doesn't carry Elijiah Craig which was next on my to do list.

The Private Reserve?

I got a handle of 4 Rose's last night at ABC for 25.99

4 Rose's is my bottom tier for sipping on the rocks and I'm trying to keep my costs down this week since I'm going all out for St. Patty's Day. My liquor store near me doesn't carry Elijiah Craig which was next on my to do list.

Yellow label? You have bigger balls than I sir. I love the small batch, but am not a fan of the yellow label.

anyone talked about Russell's Reserve Rye 6 year, 90 proof? Best stuff I have ever had straight up

Enjoying my first glass of Elijah 12 year. Gotta start somewhere, I guess.

Yellow label? You have bigger balls than I sir. I love the small batch, but am not a fan of the yellow label.

Yeah. I bought their Yellow Label. It's certainly not the greatest, but pour it over some ice and sip on it and it's good enough when trying to save some money.

Enjoying my first glass of Elijah 12 year. Gotta start somewhere, I guess.

That's next on my to-do list but my local liquor store doesn't have it which seems absurd. I'm going to check out a new place next week to try it.

I think this is the longest I've gone without whiskey in over a decade. Ive been in Oregon for the past week and have been drinking only beer and wine. I think I'm going to hit the brown stuff pretty solidly this coming week when I get back to make up for it.

Yeah. I bought their Yellow Label. It's certainly not the greatest, but pour it over some ice and sip on it and it's good enough when trying to save some money.

Yellow Label is regarded as one of the best 80 proof bourbons out there. Over ice is the way to go.

:werd: Can you imagine the look on the distillers face after trying it and realizing it was a bad attempt? 6-8 years and 50 gallons of booze later.

Back