• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good Bye Danny

He didn't need to call a timeout to put Doral in after the make and have him guard the inbounds. Force either a short pass to the corner in the backcourt or a very high lob down court that probably gets picked off.

Oh, we have Danny for at least 2 seasons after this and maybe 3.

He didn't need to call a timeout to put Doral in after the make and have him guard the inbounds. Force either a short pass to the corner in the backcourt or a very high lob down court that probably gets picked off.

Apparently Doral will have a heart attack or something if he ever plays over two minutes.

Doral on the inbounder up 3 is automatic. Up 2 it's 50/50. Yes, you can put a 7 footer on the inbounder, but then you're 4 on 4 down the court and the inbounder can run the baseline so there's a good chance you don't get pressure anyway. A long pass could set up an easy 2, so using your extra defender to prevent the long pass does make sense. Obviously in hindsight any change would be a good change, but coaching wise that's a toss up.

Apparently Doral will have a heart attack or something if he ever plays over two minutes.

I don't understand it. It's like Manning has in his notes, " play Moore 2 minutes early I first half and then don't put him back in!" It seems every time Moore comes in, he does something positive, a dunk or blocked shot. He certainly has earned a little more playing time.

Manning's utilization of Moore is one of the the most perplexing coaching decisions I have ever seen.

I think it will be 2. What will be sad is when certain assistants get axed over the next 2 offseason to protect the HC and the Wake legend.

How would this be sad?

Our guard play, outside of Crawford, has been pretty mediocre and our recruiting this year has been an absolute disaster. Seems like Wake can only benefit from a change in staff.

How would this be sad?

Our guard play, outside of Crawford, has been pretty mediocre and our recruiting this year has been an absolute disaster. Seems like Wake can only benefit from a change in staff.

I think he was talking about the part where two coaches will lose their jobs to protect the HC and the Wake legend on the staff.

How would this be sad?

The least proven assistant is the most untouchable. But I will say the others don't have a ton of experience either.

Manning's utilization of Moore is one of the the most perplexing coaching decisions I have ever seen.

Agreed. Did anyone else lose their shit when Devin went out hurt and Manning brought in McClinton? Gill was out so I get the whole matchup thing (kinda), but Moore looked so good in his early minutes why not go on the offensive and force a matchup problem instead of having the matchups dictated by UVA? Maybe because we had a lead?

I really wonder sometimes if Manning is playing it safe with "his" guys - bringing them along slowly and letting his inherited players like Codi and Devin dominate minutes because they've "earned" them.

The least proven assistant is the most untouchable. But I will say the others don't have a ton of experience either.

There's barely any difference between them. How are Woodberry and Ballard any more proven than Childress? At least Chill has some notoriety around NC.

Seems like all three of these guys are just one-finned guppies in the ginormous ocean of college basketball. They're getting destroyed on the recruiting trail and are having a hard time developing our guards. If Manning wants to survive he has to cut one of these guys loose and go after an assistant who has recruiting connections and experience at a big time conference. Look what Rick Stansbury has done at A&M.

Agreed. Did anyone else lose their shit when Devin went out hurt and Manning brought in McClinton? Gill was out so I get the whole matchup thing (kinda), but Moore looked so good in his early minutes why not go on the offensive and force a matchup problem instead of having the matchups dictated by UVA? Maybe because we had a lead?

I really wonder sometimes if Manning is playing it safe with "his" guys - bringing them along slowly and letting his inherited players like Codi and Devin dominate minutes because they've "earned" them.

That's the problem. Manning always lets the other coach dictate to him. The guy is slow. Call him lightning .

There's barely any difference between them. How are Woodberry and Ballard any more proven than Childress? At least Chill has some notoriety around NC.

Seems like all three of these guys are just one-finned guppies in the ginormous ocean of college basketball. They're getting destroyed on the recruiting trail and are having a hard time developing our guards. If Manning wants to survive he has to cut one of these guys loose and go after an assistant who has recruiting connections and experience at a big time conference. Look what Rick Stansbury has done at A&M.
Chill got Crawford and Collins. Found Washington early. Identified Rondale when we had completely struck out on 2 guards under Bz and there was nothing left.( nobody could recruit under Bzz).

Chill got Crawford and Collins. Found Washington early. Identified Rondale when we had completely struck out on 2 guards under Bz and there was nothing left.( nobody could recruit under Bzz).
Can you substantiate any of this?

Love how the blame always goes to the coaches, who at best are probably responsible for 15% of what happens in game. But I guess, as they say, you can't fire the players

Back