• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good Bye Danny

Agreed. Did anyone else lose their shit when Devin went out hurt and Manning brought in McClinton? Gill was out so I get the whole matchup thing (kinda), but Moore looked so good in his early minutes why not go on the offensive and force a matchup problem instead of having the matchups dictated by UVA? Maybe because we had a lead?

I really wonder sometimes if Manning is playing it safe with "his" guys - bringing them along slowly and letting his inherited players like Codi and Devin dominate minutes because they've "earned" them.

Or what about how he took out Crawford immediately after he made his third three pointer and we were on a great run? I couldn't believe he would neutralize the hot hand like that.

Or what about how he took out Crawford immediately after he made his third three pointer and we were on a great run? I couldn't believe he would neutralize the hot hand like that.

Does that all the time.

Taking out a player with a hot hand is just bizarre decision making. Manning does so many things that are head scratchers. Lots of WF fans are questioning his competence.

Of course something has to be said about us being in this game at all.

We've played a lot of very good teams close this year. Would that have happened in the past 5 years?

UVA only beat us by 36 or so on our home floor last season.

Another moral victory to take away from yesterday is that Wake easily covered the Vegas spread.

We lost to UVA on the road by 1 last year too. But at the end of the day it is UVA 3- WFU 0 in the Manning era.

Agreed. Did anyone else lose their shit when Devin went out hurt and Manning brought in McClinton? Gill was out so I get the whole matchup thing (kinda), but Moore looked so good in his early minutes why not go on the offensive and force a matchup problem instead of having the matchups dictated by UVA? Maybe because we had a lead?

I really wonder sometimes if Manning is playing it safe with "his" guys - bringing them along slowly and letting his inherited players like Codi and Devin dominate minutes because they've "earned" them.

Just like his mentor Larry Brown, who was notorious in his treatment/opinion of rookies. Like Brown also, I fear Manning is too much of a hardass and not positive enough.

Just like his mentor Larry Brown, who was notorious in his treatment/opinion of rookies. Like Brown also, I fear Manning is too much of a hardass and not positive enough.

Yeah, well I wish he was a little more "hard ass" with the officials than with his own players.

A well coached team doesn't keep i bounding the ball to Crawford, who missed 5 in a row at the end of the Louisville game, and Devin. Well coached teams get the ball to their better free throw shooters.

Out of curiosity. Who would you have inbounded the ball to?

Not making free throws and not taking care of the ball lost that game. Period.

And this has been the case all season long! We would have a couple more wins if we could hit free throws and cut down the turnovers.

You do realize players need to rest during the game, right? He had played the first 11 1/2 minutes of the 2nd half without a break. Manning got him out right before the under-8 TV timeout (8:30) and put him back in at the 7:37 mark. Many coaches use that tactic to get their key players extended breaks without missing actual game time. It's standard. Wake had a 14-point lead when he left and a 12-point lead when he returned.

You do realize players need to rest during the game, right? He had played the first 11 1/2 minutes of the 2nd half without a break. Manning got him out right before the under-8 TV timeout (8:30) and put him back in at the 7:37 mark. Many coaches use that tactic to get their key players extended breaks without missing actual game time. It's standard. Wake had a 14-point lead when he left and a 12-point lead when he returned.

Ha I was watching this with friends and actually said that someone on the boards would bitch about Crawford getting pulled right there even though it leveraged the TV timeout and a normal timeout to get him like 5 minutes of rest on less than a minute of game time.

Back