• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Government Shut Downs and Debt Ceiling

Glad to see that after adding a full 25% of US debt during the Trump years, Republicans have decided to get tough on spending.

I hope y'all have been stocking up on physical silver.

The Dems need to do a better job messaging around the "debt ceiling."

Stop talking about the potential calamity of default. Don't treat default as a reasonable option. It's not something to be negotiated. It's just Republicans not doing a basic part of their job.

most importantly - how can i play the markets to make money off of this debacle?

My body is 25% silver because Alex Jones said colloidal silver prevents Covid. My skin is blue, but I feel fine.
Well, I was going to say this person was going to become the richest man in the world but unfortunately he died.
DHFHG6OWPBHOVYW67XHM2VP6HE.jpg

Still confident I can find a non grifting trustworthy republican that has not been run out of office.

Eh, Congressional pay is a zero motivator for me. That $30K raise works out to about 16 million dollars total for all of congress, which I don't think would put a dent in what they plan to cut from the VA or other services. (A quick google search says that the VA is funded at 378 billion/year, and the proposed cuts are 22%, so that's about 80 billion, or 5000x the Congressional pay increase).

I've been learning more about federal and private business development grants aimed at underserved populations for a non-profit I'm working with. A lot of these programs include veterans with women and people of color as underserved groups. The federal government spends all that money on "defense" yet the people who actually do the work come out recognized by the same federal government as a marginalized group.

Eh, Congressional pay is a zero motivator for me.
I think the point is more towards hypocrisy and self service, which, I mean,…duh? I think it’s a failure of liberal politicians rhetoric to harp on these instances of hypocrisy as individual moral failings, rather than as further evidence of the complete dishonesty of the Republican platform. Republican politics are nothing more than a grift, and Democratic congressmen shouldn’t treat Republicans respectfully as coworkers, with never ending good faith, they should always treat them and talk about them just as they did during the election, as corrupt liars, where Democrats main focus was on defeating the Republicans.

Back