• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Government Shut Downs and Debt Ceiling

Well said, MDMH. I always correct people who brand Republicans as hypocrites by pointing out the logical consistency of the grift and valuing nothing except power.

Let’s just mint the $1T coin at this point. It’s not any more silly or absurd than anything else that’s happening in America in 2023.

I've been learning more about federal and private business development grants aimed at underserved populations for a non-profit I'm working with. A lot of these programs include veterans with women and people of color as underserved groups. The federal government spends all that money on "defense" yet the people who actually do the work come out recognized by the same federal government as a marginalized group.
I read this as undeserved and I was like “goddamn, Florida finally got Ph.”

I hope y'all have been stocking up on physical silver.
giphy.gif

I've been learning more about federal and private business development grants aimed at underserved populations for a non-profit I'm working with. A lot of these programs include veterans with women and people of color as underserved groups. The federal government spends all that money on "defense" yet the people who actually do the work come out recognized by the same federal government as a marginalized group.
I've posted several times about this. You've got soldiers/sailors and their families on food stamps. It's disgusting how we treat the people we send off that risk death, injury, maiming, and suffer life long ptsd all in the name of for profit wars.

Let’s just mint the $1T coin at this point. It’s not any more silly or absurd than anything else that’s happening in America in 2023.
clarence wants one of those next.

Good thing I'm stockpiling those Schrute Bucks. They are a strong motivational tool.
schrute buck.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: WRS
Fuuuuuhk
I thought she might have been the one. The women in the house have to be moar smartr than the old white guys right?

Fuuuuuhk
I thought she might have been the one. The women in the house have to be moar smartr than the old white guys right?

#girlboss

"Literally is a tool to hold the global economy hostage so that we can hopefully win the 2024 election."

So when the big meeting today produces nothing…markets gonna start tanking?

There is so much dumb shit from this it’s infuriating. First, the democrats aren’t blameless they knew this was going to happen and could have just suspend the debt ceiling, etc… during the lame duck session and ended this before it started. Yet, they are too fucking dumb to realize that republicans are a lost cause, there are no norms.

The republicans have every advantage possible to have power. Bullshit gerrymandering, the shitty electoral college, the way the senate is setup for representation, the partisan federal courts. Yet, despite all these advantages their policies are that fucking toxic they still don’t have universal power. Yet, despite this they think they have some mandate to implement their shitty policies because what, they have a 5 seat majority in a single part of the government. If the dumb shit they want to do was so popular they would easily win everything but it’s that’s fucking bad that despite everything it’s rejected. Fuck off.

they want to destroy the economy to get the white house in 24, so I think they should just ignore the debt ceiling and blast right past it as someone suggested they might be able to do

Back