• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grantland.com (New Bill Simmons Site) and funny/unfunny women chat thread

There is another preview article. It is a summer movie preview.

Simmons also tweeted that the template on these preview articles isn't what it will actually look like when the site launches. Maybe some of the egotistical flair as currently constructed won't be there in the end.

Last edited:
Wow, that was a shitty article on upcoming movies by Molly Lambert.

Unfunny.

Uninformative.

I can't believe I just wasted 5 mins waiting for it to get funny or informative. It was neither.

yeah I agree that article was terrible. it seems like you could find the same generic article on just about any blog, not some site that's supposed to be the next big thing or whatever.

i thought the movie article was fine. it was basically what i was expecting. it appears that there will be several female contributors and this website will be an attempt to grow espn's market share with them.

i thought the movie article was fine. it was basically what i was expecting. it appears that there will be several female contributors and this website will be an attempt to grow espn's market share with them.

Lets just put it out there. Girls aren't funny.

I still haven't entirely figured out what the point of this new site is.

I still haven't entirely figured out what the point of this new site is.

from the release:

“As we planned it over the last 18 months, my No. 1 goal was to figure out how to capture the spirit and creativity of 30 for 30 and transfer it to a website. We wanted original voices, and we found a bunch of them already. We’re going to take chances, come up with a few premises and ideas that you haven’t seen before, and be consistently entertaining day after day. You will never know what to expect when you come to the site – in a good way. That’s our ultimate goal.”

how are movie reviews capturing the spirit of 30 for 30?

from the release:

"Bill Simmons, in association with ESPN, announced the first wave of writer and editor hires for Grantland.com, the much anticipated sports and pop culture web site."

Dumb bitch went after Harry Potter, she deserved to be punched for that.

I like (most of) Simmons' podcasts and I loved 30 for 30, but I have absolutely no desire to read anything on that site unless it's directly related to Wake Forest or another team I love.

Dumb bitch went after Harry Potter, she deserved to be punched for that.

Yeah, that was one of the many problems i had with the article.

Not a single one of her jokes landed on me. As someone already posted: unfunny and uninformative. As someone else posted: girls aren't funny, particularly when trying to be.

By the way cowboys and aliens looks bawse as shit.

she has some very popular blog out there as well as wrote some relatively successful play (how successful i don't know). i think she's on for the reason you list above, she's popular with female blog-reading types...

Back