• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GREAT WIN DEACS!!!!

Good god it's the second game of the season, can we not start this now.

A win is a win, and tonight was an ugly win. After last year, I am taking everything we get. We had stretches were we looked really good, and stretches where we looked really bad. That's how a young team is normally going to look, especially one that is running a read-and-react offense. Hopefully it will get better as the year goes on, too early to start making grand, sweeping accusations about the coaching in just two games.

I may not speak for others, but I saw enough last year to start making grand, sweeping accusations about the coaching.

I am going to bet against the deacs every game. if they cover, good for them, if not, cash for me.

woo hoo, first $100 for me!

I may not speak for others, but I saw enough last year to start making grand, sweeping accusations about the coaching.

I don't know how you could discern anything about the coaching from last year, but to each their own.

You can only beat the team you play.

We aren't that good, but we are playing much harder.

Moon. dv7 and others would rather have us fail for the next two years than have to give [Redacted] any props.

That's very sad.....

We lost to teams like that last year, and may still even this year. I enjoy every win the Deacs get since I don't have any dumb bets riding on their losses.

That is false and exactly what DV7 was (preemptively) reacting to.

GA Southern was 341st (out of 346) in RPI last year; a full 38 spots behind Stetson. So congrats on the fantastic level of irony.

I'll cheer for the W; but anybody on that team (or in the stands) patting themselves on the back for a single digit victory over that bunch is in for a harsh reality for the rest of the season.

That is false and exactly what DV7 was (preemptively) reacting to.

GA Southern was 341st (out of 346) in RPI last year; a full 38 spots behind Stetson. So congrats on the fantastic level of irony.

I'll cheer for the W; but anybody on that team (or in the stands) patting themselves on the back for a single digit victory over that bunch is in for a harsh reality for the rest of the season.

# of players > # in the stands

I wish you guys could have heard Travis after the game. He sounded so upbeat and positive. He's got a great attitude. It sucks almost no students are showing up.

Of course, one of the founders of the message board bearing the slogan "Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely." decides to mention restricting people's opinions. Not to mention his disgruntled tone after a win.

Here is a slogan for you, "deacvision7 . . . douching it up since April 13, 2010"

I don't limit anybody's opinions. Stop making shit up and argue like a big boy that has rational thought.

Good god it's the second game of the season, can we not start this now.

A win is a win, and tonight was an ugly win. After last year, I am taking everything we get. We had stretches were we looked really good, and stretches where we looked really bad. That's how a young team is normally going to look, especially one that is running a read-and-react offense. Hopefully it will get better as the year goes on, too early to start making grand, sweeping accusations about the coaching in just two games.

Losers mentality, IMO.

I fucking hate what Buzz has done to many of our fans. He has castrated you all and you don't even realize it.

Travis was upbeat after the game but I think he's realistic. He mentioned the game against Central is gonna be tough.

I don't know how you could discern anything about the coaching from last year, but to each their own.

Are you fucking serious?

So, what you are saying is that we might as well not have had a coach last year?

Surely, SOMETHING is to be told by how [Redacted] handled/coached his team last season.

Stop being a fucking apologist, df27. Just fucking stop. You are better than that.

I wish you guys could have heard Travis after the game. He sounded so upbeat and positive. He's got a great attitude. It sucks almost no students are showing up.

Heard him, he sounded fired up. No doubt guys are working hard to get better. Between CJ, Chase, Fields, and Travis, I could see this team getting really hot from the arc and pulling a big upset. Still, nights like that will be few and far between.

Right now, just glad to see wins regardless of where they come from.

I would guess 4-5,000 attendance and perhaps 75-100 students (outside of the band)

Back