• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe statements at Tuesday PC

BillGeorge

Reaction score
Grobe

1. Coaches and players will work longer and harder this week
2.We will spend more time doing reps on the field and less time in the film room this week
3. You have to block people to be successful and so far we haven't
4. We may have become too impatient with the run game Saturday
5. We have got to throw and run the ball to be successful
6. We like to pass but we need to run too to eat some clock
7. Deandre and Wilhite just did not earn reps last week in practice
8. We found some problems in the PC game that we didn't expect and other teams have taken advantage of them. We are trying to solve them.
9. We may have to throw Tyree Harris out there
10. Playing the Army style attack is a nightmare

#1 makes me want to barf. Our FB program is as big a joke as basketball.

4. You wanted to run MORE?
6. smh
10. Playing Army is a nightmare? What about Clemson, FSU, etc?

I thought we should have run more. Just run the ball like actual teams do, you know, up the middle.

8. yeah you think?

Grobe

1. Coaches and players will work longer and harder this week

Hey coach! If you're working on the WRONG THINGS, you can practice 24 hours a day and not a damn thing will change!

Was Grobe involved in a bike accident that was covered up this offseason?

10. Then stop scheduling the freaking military academies for god's sake.

He is correct that we do need some semblance of a run game, however, I have seen very little to make me think that is possible.

6. Grobe hasn't had a second half lead yet this season. Why be concerned with chewing up clock?

#9 Is a guy like Sherman Ragland III so far in the coaches doghouse that we have to consider pulling the shirt of off Harris???? Is Matt James not coming back this year????

8. We found some problems in the PC game that we didn't expect and other teams have taken advantage of them. We are trying to solve them

-What problems were they not aware of? I think it was pretty well spelled out on the boards before the season started and we aren't the ones attending practice and watching film every single day. I like how a major problem has and always will be Lobo so I guess Grobe must still be unaware of that.

6. Grobe hasn't had a second half lead yet this season. Why be concerned with chewing up clock?

rather than make something good happen, we try to get the game over with quickly so that nothing bad happens. that philosophy is instilled in our players from day one. by year five they are beaten down and lifeless.

#6 is freaking criminal coming from someone paid 7 figures to add competitive advantage to a football team.

By comparison, here's Oregon coach Mark Helfrich (in 2011!) discussing "eating clock" and time of possession.
Oregon offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich said the two most important statistics that define winning and losing are turnover margin and sacks.

"We try to do that in a scientific manner," Helfrich said of looking at statistics, "and ... time of possession just isn't one of those things (that matters)."

http://host.madison.com/sports/coll...cle_3ee9bcc6-328f-11e1-9071-001871e3ce6c.html

He was actually asked about that again this past weekend, and he said time of possession isn't even in the top 20 of indicators that correlate with winning.

rather than make something good happen, we try to get the game over with quickly so that nothing bad happens. that philosophy is instilled in our players from day one. by year five they are beaten down and lifeless.

We need to possess the ball more, whether it be by moving the chains with the passing game or running game. Plus, if you're possessing the ball, that means you're moving the ball and hopefully scoring points.

So the defense isn't on the field the whole damn game.

Passing for first downs help accomplish that as well.

In times of real time to rest, I don't think there is much different than a 3 and out with three runs or three passes.

#6 is freaking criminal coming from someone paid 7 figures to add competitive advantage to a football team.

By comparison, here's Oregon coach Mark Helfrich (in 2011!) discussing "eating clock" and time of possession.

http://host.madison.com/sports/coll...cle_3ee9bcc6-328f-11e1-9071-001871e3ce6c.html

He was actually asked about that again this past weekend, and he said time of possession isn't even in the top 20 of indicators that correlate with winning.

That applies to his team with athletes all over the field that possess quick strike capability. Time of Possession is overrated, but it's not irrelevant, especially when you don't have a dominate defense.

Teams that score quickly like Oregon don't have great time of possession.

Back