• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe statements at Tuesday PC

All Grobe needed to say at the presser was: "Our coaches aren't giving our players a chance to win. That will change this week. If it doesn't there will be changes made." Had he said this, he wouldn't be getting bashed and I think everyone would have agreed with that observation.

Grobe took the blame the week a lot more than Bz ever has. That being said, I don't think anything he says to the media matters and it won't really make anyone feel better until we see some improvements on the field.

Grobe has been believing his own bullshit since Riley left. Which is also the last time we threw to the TE. This was the worse display of this so far, until next week. Throw the ball to get the LBs off the line, and the RBs won't be hit until the gain 3 yds. He has to do something, PLEASE!!, or the wife will be dragging me out of Michie Stadium to go shopping.

Number 8. We found some problems in the PC game. Like the left side of the o line has busted legs and not healthy? hmmmmmm

Or we don't have enough LB's to run a 3-4 (let's go walk ons!)...

Grobe

1. Coaches and players will work longer and harder this week
2.We will spend more time doing reps on the field and less time in the film room this week
3. You have to block people to be successful and so far we haven't
4. We may have become too impatient with the run game Saturday
5. We have got to throw and run the ball to be successful
6. We like to pass but we need to run too to eat some clock
7. Deandre and Wilhite just did not earn reps last week in practice
8. We found some problems in the PC game that we didn't expect and other teams have taken advantage of them. We are trying to solve them.
9. We may have to throw Tyree Harris out there
10. Playing the Army style attack is a nightmare

#1 makes me want to barf. Our FB program is as big a joke as basketball.

Grobo does not have a damn clue what he wants to do offensively. A vision of a successful future to strive for is Leadership 101. Grobe knows dick about leadership.

Grobe

1. Coaches and players will work longer and harder this week
2.We will spend more time doing reps on the field and less time in the film room this week
3. You have to block people to be successful and so far we haven't
4. We may have become too impatient with the run game Saturday
5. We have got to throw and run the ball to be successful
6. We like to pass but we need to run too to eat some clock
7. Deandre and Wilhite just did not earn reps last week in practice
8. We found some problems in the PC game that we didn't expect and other teams have taken advantage of them. We are trying to solve them.
9. We may have to throw Tyree Harris out there
10. Playing the Army style attack is a nightmare

#1 makes me want to barf. Our FB program is as big a joke as basketball.
Seriously? We pay $2.3 million for this kind of insight?

Number 8. We found some problems in the PC game. Like the left side of the o line has busted legs and not healthy? hmmmmmm

Or we don't have enough LB's to run a 3-4 (let's go walk ons!)...

Depth at DL? Lack of depth at LB?

3-4 is the perfect choice. #coaching

Grove stated the players didn't look like they were inspired in the La Monroe game. He said he didn't know why. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I spent most of the game watching Grobe with his arms folded, doing nothing, talking to nobody, not getting in any huddles on the sidelines, kneeling for long extended periods of time picking "blades" of artificial turf, etc

It is ridiculous! He is the most un-inspiring coach on the sidelines I have ever seen ( and that includes the 100 year old Paterno, a senile Bowden at the end of his career). Please coach- watch yourself on film and ask yourself who you think you are possibly inspiring on the sidelines. It is awful! Watch Saban, Dabo, or any other successful coach and measure up your "inspiration" against these other coaches. COACH LIKE YOUR HAIR IS ON FIRE!!!!!

I wish we would stop having press conferences, stop having open practices, stop talking period and just fix this mess!

The thing is we should be using a nickel package more often. Is it coincidence that the defense came together when we ditched the 3-3-5 and went to the 4-3 and the defense went to hell when we switched to the 3-4? Sure we had better talent at DT in those years with Boo and Russell, but did scheme play a role as well?

I mean, Gary Patterson has made a career out of running nothing but the 3-3-5 and, like at TCU, its probably easier for us to recruit a lot of DBs than it is LBs or DL

Still have absolutely no idea why WF switched to a 3-4. There is no way that Nikita isn't better with a 4th DL beside of him eating up another blocker and giving him more 1v1 opportunities.

I mean, Gary Patterson has made a career out of running nothing but the 3-3-5 and, like at TCU, its probably easier for us to recruit a lot of DBs than it is LBs or DL

Yeah, but you've got to have some damn good DL and LB to get away with it.

Does this mean letters of resignation are on the way?

Back