• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe statements at Tuesday PC

" Deandre and Wilhite just did not earn reps last week in practice" and how is that Lobo earns the right to call plays?? Is he just dynamite in practice and just happens to suck on game day? Deandre and Wilhite may not light it up on the practice field, but sure do on game day. I guess that is why Skinner was third strin just not great at practice. Hey Jim, no cares how practice goes! It is the product on game day. You thought the coaches had done a great job at practice all Fall long. You said so many times before the season, but they are sucking gas on game day, the day that matters! Play the best players on game day, not the guys who suck up on the practice field! No one cares how great things are on Wednesday! How long is it going to take you to realize that half your staff could not coach their way out of a paper bag on gameday?

That which does not kill you makes you stronger.

Wake fans should be able to bench-press Jupiter by now.

I wish he had taken this circus to Arkansas.

I really don't think Grobe would have lasted more than 3 years at Arkansas. An SEC team would never put up with the bullshit that we got from Grobe on a regular basis.

One more thing-- it does not matter how you score. Running or passing-- does not matter. You have stuck with a guy who has proven year in and year out that he can not get a line, no matter how big or how fast to run block. It is time you find someone who can teach that or abandon trying to run the ball. You are just making it much more difficult when the offense is constantly in 3rd and 8 or 3rd and 15 situations. You have made your bed, now sleep in it. You have a great receiver in Camp and a couple of developing receivers-- use them! Wake running the ball died when you did not fire Lobo last year. You'll get another chance to fix it in December, but I doubt you will

I really don't think Grobe would have lasted more than 3 years at Arkansas. An SEC team would never put up with the bullshit that we got from Grobe on a regular basis.

Hell, imagine what the average SEC fanbase would do if Lobo was their OC.

#5 alone is worth $2 million in my book.

People are still complaining we don't pass enough? Anyone see the stats from last week's game? 47 passes, 15 rushes.

The worst part is the only success we've had in the passing game is just chucking the ball deep and counting on our WRs to outrun the DBs. Tanner can't seem to hit a receiver in stride on short passes - most throws are three steps behind the receiver or bounced to him. Counting on our WRs outrunning guys isn't going to work once the competition gets better. And obviously we've had no success in the running game. It's going to be a long season.

S2R45HN.gif

People are still complaining we don't pass enough? Anyone see the stats from last week's game? 47 passes, 15 rushes.

The worst part is the only success we've had in the passing game is just chucking the ball deep and counting on our WRs to outrun the DBs. Tanner can't seem to hit a receiver in stride on short passes - most throws are three steps behind the receiver or bounced to him. Counting on our WRs outrunning guys isn't going to work once the competition gets better. And obviously we've had no success in the running game. It's going to be a long season.

We should have thrown the ball downfield more last Saturday. The only time we really went downfield, other than a couple of throws to Reynolds, was at the end of the first half and end of the game and we were successful. What makes that even worse was those were the 2 times in the game ULM would've been trying to take the downfield throws away and we still had success. Other than the end of the 1st half and end of the game, we kept trying the dink and dunk short throws and ULM was taking them away from us for the most part. I really think the problem is not that Lobo doesn't know offensive football, I think the problem is he has the worst feel for playcalling in the history of offensive coordinators.

So Grobe is saying that they haven't been taking advantage of the maximum allowed practice time? Seems like a large oversight/disadvantages

8. We found some problems in the PC game that we didn't expect and other teams have taken advantage of them. We are trying to solve them

-What problems were they not aware of? I think it was pretty well spelled out on the boards before the season started and we aren't the ones attending practice and watching film every single day. I like how a major problem has and always will be Lobo so I guess Grobe must still be unaware of that.

What is "PC"? Sorry. I probably should know that.

Presbyterian College.

Back