• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GT Game Thread

I just looked up his stats and he is ranked 117 out of 118 in average punt at 34.6 yards per punt. 15 total punts with a long of 48.
Ouch.

Despite having a QB with one of the worst QBRs and a punter with one of the lowest average yards per punt, the defense is decent to good in several key stats.

#52 in Scoring Defense
#46 in Total Defense
#38 in Turnovers
#14 in Sacks
#10 in Opponent Long Scrimmage plays
#20 in Opponent 3rd down conversions
#7 in Opponent Red Zone conversions

Ouch.

Despite having a QB with one of the worst QBRs and a punter with one of the lowest average yards per punt, the defense is decent to good in several key stats.

#52 in Scoring Defense
#46 in Total Defense
#38 in Turnovers
#14 in Sacks
#10 in Opponent Long Scrimmage plays
#20 in Opponent 3rd down conversions
#7 in Opponent Red Zone conversions
The sacks ranking is heavily skewed by the ODU game.

All of its skewed by playing four bad teams. But it is what it is.

I just looked up his stats and he is ranked 117 out of 118 in average punt at 34.6 yards per punt. 15 total punts with a long of 48.
Well that's a surprise.

i've been so focused on lack of pass rush, lack of DT size, awful QB play, our TE causing his own fumble, porous O Line etc., that I did not realize our punter is no longer good.

Well that's a surprise.

i've been so focused on lack of pass rush, lack of DT size, awful QB play, our TE causing his own fumble, porous O Line etc., that I did not realize our punter is no longer good.
Maybe, but apparently he does amazing haircuts and is good for team morale and bonding and isn’t that more important than his on the field product? As long as we are developing young men with strong values, I think that is the most important thing our football team can accomplish .

Back