• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GT Game Thread

Yeah, seems like a team we should force to beat us over the top, but we are, uhhh, rather susceptible to that...

Among other factors, a QB needs time to throw deep, and WF pass rush has been good so far this year. The GT offense is premised on avoiding negative plays, and exposing GT sacks and TFLs is not what they want to do.

Among other factors, a QB needs time to throw deep, and WF pass rush has been good so far this year. The GT offense is premised on avoiding negative plays, and exposing GT sacks and TFLs is not what they want to do.
Statistically it's been good - but that is propped up by a 10 sack day at ODU. Had decent pressure at times v. Vandy, not great v. Elon. We'll see. and hopefully having Hudson back and Roberts continuing to get comfortable in the defense will help.

Yeah, seems like a team we should force to beat us over the top, but we are, uhhh, rather susceptible to that...
Been kind of a boom or bust, and an emphasis on the bust since that's been the culprit this year (versus last when they were just getting cooked on every deep ball)

Was kinda shocked they're above average or better in long passes from 10 and 20 yards

Statistically it's been good - but that is propped up by a 10 sack day at ODU. Had decent pressure at times v. Vandy, not great v. Elon. We'll see. and hopefully having Hudson back and Roberts continuing to get comfortable in the defense will help.
...they had 19 pressures and 10 TFLs against Elon?

I wouldn't say Georgia Tech is "good" but yeah they're a little bit better than they have been. They're bottom half in the ACC and probably around the 75th to 85th best team in the FBS (so behind a good number of G5 teams)

Okay another version of inspectah's view would be that we play an apparently ascending GT rather than an apparently descending UVA.

at least they no longer run the coward's offense. we can play a real game with them.

So GA Tech has sucked for years, during which period Wake didn't face them, and now they're good again just in time for their game against us. Yep, sounds about right to this WF fan.

really should have beaten them in 2017. Led by 8 at half (should have been more) and game really got away from us in the second half.

My personal opinion on GT's passing game is that they do not take alot of deep shots because they lack confidence in the OL to hold their blocks long enough to be able to execute that.

Haynes definitely has the arm (and accuracy) to throw it deep, he just doesn't often get the time.

I think they would actually like to take more deep shots (the skill positions are built for it), but I don't think the OL is good enough yet that it can be done with any consistency.

Back