• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the date/time of Manning’s firing/resignation

Thursday afternoon. Max pain for Wake fans having to wait that long but then euphoria.

Even if Manning is fired this week, it is a sad state of affairs that two of the three biggest celebrations in Wake basketball over the last decade are going to have been due to the termination of a head coach...

Thursday afternoon. Max pain for Wake fans having to wait that long but then euphoria.

Waiting until Thursday does nothing for anyone in the AD, and most definitely does nothing for the fans.

If we wait until Thursday, I won't feel euphoria. I'll be so down about it by then I'll just fully expect another shitty hire and won't be happy until I find out otherwise.

If it doesn't happen by Thur. we will have DM next year. There is no reason for Wellman to drag this out except his ego. Certainly there is nothing more he needs to make his decision. And what is this about DM being in Canada to watch a player? Who paid for that trip? Come on Ron, do your job!

If it doesn't happen by Thur. we will have DM next year. There is no reason for Wellman to drag this out except his ego. Certainly there is nothing more he needs to make his decision. And what is this about DM being in Canada to watch a player? Who paid for that trip? Come on Ron, do your job!

I'm gonna give it until Friday. Then if nothing is announced I'm getting drunk Saturday.

Gonna be in Vegas with the BSD crew this weekend (flying in tomorrow night). Ron heard about this and is simply waiting to announce when we can all party together. Thanks Ron.

Tuesday @ 1:30.

It's still Tuesday at 1:30.

Tuesday afternoon

Or, you know, maybe Tuesday like everyone has been saying?
Hopefully they move it up to tomorrow but I've been hearing Tuesday from everyone.

Both of you guys have been very adamant about today at 1:30. Still feeling that way?

Last edited:
Both of you guys have been very adamant about today at 1:30. Still feeling that way?

what time does spring practice end? could be convenient to get the reporters covering it to head inside for a presser

There may still be a presser but it would be pretty impromptu at this point. Generally mailers go out early morning for press conferences.

Then again perhaps it'll just be a statement. I think an announcement today is increasingly unlikely. Thinking something is buried during the NCAAT.

There may still be a presser but it would be pretty impromptu at this point. Generally mailers go out early morning for press conferences.

Then again perhaps it'll just be a statement. I think an announcement today is increasingly unlikely. Thinking something is buried during the NCAAT.

The thought of them burying the story makes me think he’s going to be retained. There’s no bad press in announcing his dmismissal. The only reason to bury a story is if you know it’s going to be unpopular. Then again, [Redacted] was relieved of his duties the Thursday of the opening round of the NCAAT, which was a very popular move so who knows.

Trump (I mean RW) is the one who wants to bury this news - it is an harassment to him. Everyone else is preparing for a party, if DM gets fired.

EnormousBouncyEuropeanpolecat-max-1mb.gif

Back