• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the Plot of Popular Movies/TV Shows/Books You've Never Seen

Due to the demographics of this board, I would think that you would be hard pressed to find many people who haven't seen LK or most other Disney animated movies.

Ive defs never seen the lion king all the way through. I think Chris Rock or maybe Chappell did some jokes that involved lion king references that went right over my head.

My synopsis: There is a cartoon lion named simba. He either has a lion dad or a lion son. There are other jungle animals that talk. Either poachers or an evil monkey kingdom or both threaten the lion bros. The talking jungle animals band together and defeat the threat. No one gets laid. The end.

Bueller decides to not go to school, but doesn't tell anyone. Ben Stine calls role, says "Bueller" in his usual excited voice. People wonder where he is, start to worry he might be sick. Meanwhile Bueller is having the time of his life, getting in to all sorts of highjinks along the way. In the end, he is fine, everyone laughs, and no one seems to care that he skipped class.

This is fairly good. Bueller goes to great lengths, however, to fake sickness with his parents and school before making his adventure into Chicago. His parents never find out that he wasn't really sick. His principal finds out, but he is mentally broken by the end of the film.

Lord of the Rings:

Takes place in this magical world, with hobbits and other creatures. There's this very powerful ring that everyone wants. An unexpected young boy has the ring but realizes he has to destroy it in a volcano. He goes on a crazy journey having to defeat many villians along the way. Some creepy little guy at some point steals the ring and goes "my precious." In the end, he destroys the rind and and returns home, giving up the possibility of great power for the sanctity of his people.

Lord of the Rings:

Takes place in this magical world, with hobbits and other creatures. There's this very powerful ring that everyone wants. An unexpected young boy has the ring but realizes he has to destroy it in a volcano. He goes on a crazy journey having to defeat many villians along the way. Some creepy little guy at some point steals the ring and goes "my precious." In the end, he destroys the rind and and returns home, giving up the possibility of great power for the sanctity of his people.

That's the basic jist. The "young boy" is actually a full grown, adult hobbit, although hobbits are kind of treated like kids by men and elves. HE doesn't really go about defeating villians; its more or less him trying to not get killed by them.

Ive defs never seen the lion king all the way through. I think Chris Rock or maybe Chappell did some jokes that involved lion king references that went right over my head.

My synopsis: There is a cartoon lion named simba. He either has a lion dad or a lion son. There are other jungle animals that talk. Either poachers or an evil monkey kingdom or both threaten the lion bros. The talking jungle animals band together and defeat the threat. No one gets laid. The end.

That's almost completely wrong. Even the getting laid part.

Oh well. I've also never seen any of the Toy Stories.

There is a toy named woody. He either has a cowboy dad or a cowboy son. There are other toys that talk. Either adults or an evil kid or both threaten the toys. The talking toys band together and defeat the threat. No one gets laid. The end.

BINGO

Two childhood friends who are now in their mid-30's think the other one has it made. They get drunk, pee in a fountain, switch bodies, realize their buddies life isn't all it was cracked up to be, and come to appreciate their own life more before switching bodies again.

Two childhood friends who are now in their mid-30's think the other one has it made. They get drunk, pee in a fountain, switch bodies, realize their buddies life isn't all it was cracked up to be, and come to appreciate their own life more before switching bodies again.

Face/Off?

A young person thinks being young is terrible and wishes to be older. They are made to be older and end up appreciating being young.

This, and its inverse, are quite a few movies, too.

I haven't seen Face/Off, but I imagine:

Cops catch some major crime guy but he won't rat out the rest of the operation, so they swap faces so the cop can go in pretending to be the bad guy and find out the whole story.

Doesn't seem too interesting to me, but I'd be more likely to watch if:
- the bad guy with the cop's face gets free or is set free and they do each others wives and the wives don't know

I haven't seen Face/Off, but I imagine:

Cops catch some major crime guy but he won't rat out the rest of the operation, so they swap faces so the cop can go in pretending to be the bad guy and find out the whole story.

Doesn't seem too interesting to me, but I'd be more likely to watch if:
- the bad guy with the cop's face gets free or is set free and they do each others wives and the wives don't know

Something similar to this happens. You should def see it.

Cool Hand Luke - some guy in prison takes on the role of the guy who's always stirring things up/getting into trouble, while also realizing he really really likes hardboiled eggs. Then something tragic happens which is partly or entirely his fault, and he shapes up and maybe gets out of prison.

Cool Hand Luke - some guy in prison takes on the role of the guy who's always stirring things up/getting into trouble, while also realizing he really really likes hardboiled eggs. Then something tragic happens which is partly or entirely his fault, and he shapes up and maybe gets out of prison.

Actually, that is pretty darn... nope. Not even really close.

and then he says "sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand"

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the lost ark.

harrison ford is some kind of badass anthropology or archeology professor who goes around wearing a badass sunhat and carrying a badass whip. in his studies he discover that some ark that holds some kind of really important secret concerning humankind is hidden in some ancient secret tomb. he searches and searches until he finds said tomb, finds the ark, but then the tomb goes all Cave of Wonders (a la Aladdin) on him and sends a giant boulder after him. he barely escapes being crushed reveals the secret and everyone loves him.

Close?

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the lost ark.

harrison ford is some kind of badass anthropology or archeology professor who goes around wearing a badass sunhat and carrying a badass whip. in his studies he discover that some ark that holds some kind of really important secret concerning humankind is hidden in some ancient secret tomb. he searches and searches until he finds said tomb, finds the ark, but then the tomb goes all Cave of Wonders (a la Aladdin) on him and sends a giant boulder after him. he barely escapes being crushed reveals the secret and everyone loves him.

Close?

Nice. And no, other than the badass whip part.

Lord of the Rings:

Back