• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the Plot of Popular Movies/TV Shows/Books You've Never Seen

Logjammin':

Bunny LaJolla's cable is broken. She calls a repairman. Karl Hungus shows up and fixes the cable. Asia Carrera watches.

Cool Hand Luke - some guy in prison takes on the role of the guy who's always stirring things up/getting into trouble, while also realizing he really really likes hardboiled eggs. Then something tragic happens which is partly or entirely his fault, and he shapes up and maybe gets out of prison.

Actually, that is pretty darn... nope. Not even really close.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate."

A Beautiful Mind:

Russell Crowe is super good at math and bangs Jennifer Connelly, who is probably his student or TA. But he happens to be a complete whack-job and as a result, probably gets fired or in trouble for something. Jennifer Connelly gets pissed and bails, but then comes back after having an inexplicable change of heart. The movie ends with Russell Crowe doing math on some black board in a basement somewhere.

Am I close?

Also, I know this isn't that impressive but I predicted every single thing that happened in Royal Pains yesterday, I was killing it.

Something similar to this happens. You should def see it.

He likes Michael Bay and essentially rape by mistaken identity.

This guy is awesome!

I have not seen the Lion King

There is a rightful heir to the throne of Lionland. Other animals exist in Lionland, some good, some bad. Through much deception and cooperation with the bad animals, some other lion else gets the throne. Murder, deception, and hard feelings abound. Over time, the lion cheated out of the throne returns to claim his throne, and is successful. There is much celebration.

Bible story and Disney story combine, make much money, result in Broadway play.

A Beautiful Mind:

Russell Crowe is super good at math and bangs Jennifer Connelly, who is probably his student or TA. But he happens to be a complete whack-job and as a result, probably gets fired or in trouble for something. Jennifer Connelly gets pissed and bails, but then comes back after having an inexplicable change of heart. The movie ends with Russell Crowe doing math on some black board in a basement somewhere.

Am I close?

NAY. But I like that plot, too.

A Beautiful Mind:

Am I close?

For the most part, but there's a lot more to it than that.

I love the "simba got laid" tag. The scene that suggests that is going to happen is definitely one of the best "Did Disney really do that?" scenes.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

I admit, I have seen clips. I cannot find them funny for some reason, but I don't know the plot, so I'll guess:

Monty Python and a group resembling Robinhood and the Merry Gentlemen run around in the woods acting like fools.

That's pretty spot-on.

Ive defs never seen the lion king all the way through. I think Chris Rock or maybe Chappell did some jokes that involved lion king references that went right over my head.

My synopsis: There is a cartoon lion named simba. He either has a lion dad or a lion son. There are other jungle animals that talk. Either poachers or an evil monkey kingdom or both threaten the lion bros. The talking jungle animals band together and defeat the threat. No one gets laid. The end.

I have not seen the Lion King

There is a rightful heir to the throne of Lionland. Other animals exist in Lionland, some good, some bad. Through much deception and cooperation with the bad animals, some other lion else gets the throne. Murder, deception, and hard feelings abound. Over time, the lion cheated out of the throne returns to claim his throne, and is successful. There is much celebration.

Bible story and Disney story combine, make much money, result in Broadway play.

Actually it's Hamlet with Lions and a bit of Nazi symbolism thrown in.

Brokeback Mountain:

Dudes fuck each other in the ass while wearing cowboy hats and boots.

A Beautiful Mind:

Am I close?

Viewer has sympathy for Russell Crowe character. Actually now that I think about it, it's like that stupid Travolta film - Michael? Angel? something...

This is tough because I feel like I've seen most classic movies or if I haven't pretty much know the plot of them.

I'll do "Some Like It Hot"

Black and white movie with a bunch of unfunny old-timey comedy about men dressed up as women for some reason (like they get hit on by men at a bar or something and the guys in drag talk in really high voices while trying to escape the situation). Marilyn Monroe stars as the classy hot babe who helps the schmucks out of whatever problem they are having. Some resolution is come to and the men can stop wearing drag. Marilyn Monroe dies. The end.

Back