• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gun Control Laws

Furthermore, there is more uproar about the government taking guns than the fact that right now the government has the power to kill US citizens and detain them indefinitely without trial.

You are correct, found the post I thought was yours, it wasnt, my apologies. Still very much disagree with your argument that because it didn't happen then it CAN'T/WON'T happen this time.

And to clarify, I don't support the slippery slope argument, just pointing out that this thread makes it clear where it could of come from.

There are dozens of posters on this thread and ONE who wants a full gun ban. I bet there are at least that many that think banning any gun is illegal.

We were attacked on 9/11 during the period of the last ban. We had the Olympics attacked. We had the DC Sniper. We had Columbine during that period. And there were many more.

None of those things led to your bizarre slippery slope and we had passed a ban to start the slope. The concept has been dispoven.

There is no reason for these types of rifles.

There is legitimate reason to have 15,20, 30, 90 round clips/magazines.

There's no legitimate argument that every gun sale (including between individuals) shouldn't be registered. If your gun is involved in a crime and you don't register the sale or the loss, then you should share responsibility.

There's no reason to have sales at gun shows without the normal waiting period.

There should be zero sales of guns over the internet.

There are dozens of posters on this thread and ONE who wants a full gun ban. I bet there are at least that many that think banning any gun is illegal.

We were attacked on 9/11 during the period of the last ban. We had the Olympics attacked. We had the DC Sniper. We had Columbine during that period. And there were many more.

None of those things led to your bizarre slippery slope and we had passed a ban to start the slope. The concept has been dispoven.

There is no reason for these types of rifles.

There is legitimate reason to have 15,20, 30, 90 round clips/magazines.

There's no legitimate argument that every gun sale (including between individuals) shouldn't be registered. If your gun is involved in a crime and you don't register the sale or the loss, then you should share responsibility.

There's no reason to have sales at gun shows without the normal waiting period.

There should be zero sales of guns over the internet.

RJism?

Lets just pretend we went in the way back machine and the 2nd amendment didn't exist and everything else played out exactly the same. We now are at present day, we went through all the shit that has occurred and decided it you know what guns are bad so we should limit them, there are now very strict gun control laws, everything has all but been eliminated except for hunting rifles and shotguns. Is America better off, I think the answer from everyone using logic and not passion would be yes. So just because a mistake was made in the past doesn't mean we should just roll with it.

Sorry, the last part doesn't hold water. Any internet sale has to have two FFL's. In the case of two private individuals, both the seller and buyer have to use dealers. The buyer still has to go through the background check before he can take possession of his purchase. I've purchased numerous guns this way and it is as regulated as any other gun purchase.

i don't know that once each constitutes a habit.

Sorry, the last part doesn't hold water. Any internet sale has to have two FFL's. In the case of two private individuals, both the seller and buyer have to use dealers. The buyer still has to go through the background check before he can take possession of his purchase. I've purchased numerous guns this way and it is as regulated as any other gun purchase.

It's pretty naive to think that there aren't internet sales between private people with no licenses involved.

Exactly. ELC, the NRA and all their supporters are fucking nuts. More guns = more gun deaths. This isn't rocket science. And it's not like handguns and automatic assault weapons are something that the general public needs. It's totally insane.

Who is saying anything about automatic assault weapons? How many times do old senile cunts like you have to be told that automatic weapons aren't exactly an issue of contention? As for handguns, we are clearly in disagreement there, and if you're proposing a ban on handguns, then you're more "fucking nuts" than the average NRA member, I can assure you.

Who is saying anything about automatic assault weapons? How many times do old senile cunts like you have to be told that automatic weapons aren't exactly an issue of contention? As for handguns, we are clearly in disagreement there, and if you're proposing a ban on handguns, then you're more "fucking nuts" than the average NRA member, I can assure you.

If putting "semi-" in front of the description of these weapons makes you sleep better...

Back