• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guns

funny-picture-18199.jpg

Taurus Judge - Public Defender Polymer 45/410
Remington 870 16ga
Marlin 30-30
Remington 552 .22

Dad has a collection of antique S&W revolvers.

More than I need, not nearly as many as I want. I would trade having fewer for the time to shoot and hunt more...

More than I need, not nearly as many as I want. I would trade having fewer for the time to shoot and hunt more...

I can definitely agree with this sentiment. I pulled the black powder rifle out of the safe the other day and noticed some rusting on the nipple. After my father in law passed, the gun sat idle in a closet for 5 years before we got it. It hadnt been cleaned or oiled since the day he died. I spent the better part of a day cleaning it a year or so ago, and it looks like I'm going to have to keep after it more than I had originally planned.

H&K P2000 .40 special forces prototype. Night sights but no safety. I try not to roll Plaxico-style with that one.

I have a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm right now. I love it.

I'm thinking a Remington 700 BDL or CDL in .270 next or a pump action shotgun next. I want a 1911 at some point.

Mossberg 930spx (great 12 gauge shotgun, but you can't run light/game loads through it or it won't cycle.)
moss_85360.jpg

Marlin 336 that I keep clean, but it has never even been fired. Won it as a door prize.
zoom_336A.jpg

Marlin 980S 22 Magnum that is ridiculously accurate.
MARLIN-980S-22LR.jpg

A Browning A5 12 gauge from back in the 60's
9302228_1.jpg

Some horrible little semi-automatic .22 LR rifle that jams up all the time, but it is kind of pretty and has a decent scope on it.

I have no handguns, but do enjoy shooting them too. I never really get to shoot much though. It's rare these days.

Does anyone here roll their own? I reload for 12g, 28g, 22-250, 6.5 Grendel, 7mm-08, 30-06, 7.62x54R, 9.3x62, 40S&W, 44 Magnum, and 45ACP...

Don't have any guns but thought of getting an air gun last weekend when I was having rodent issues.

I have the following:

M-1 Garand, .30-06
Springfield XD, 9mm
Remington M1911, .45 cal
Mosin-Nagant bolt action rifle (old commie WWII rifle), 7.62mm

I don't like the Springfield XD 9mm very much. I'd like to get rid of it and get a Glock or Sig Sauer.

I'd also like to get an Auto-Ordnance new production M-1 carbine.

On the subject of guns, can anyone recommend a good gunsmith in Winston-Salem? My .45 is kaput.

Does anyone here roll their own? I reload for 12g, 28g, 22-250, 6.5 Grendel, 7mm-08, 30-06, 7.62x54R, 9.3x62, 40S&W, 44 Magnum, and 45ACP...

I don't, but my father in law does. I only shoot a 12g and the ammo isn't expensive enough for me to justify reloading (especially for the amount I shoot vs. the cost of reloading equipment).

only have one handgun now...Sig Sauer P229 .40 cal

I have, at various times, owned...

Walther PPK .380...hated it because it always jammed
Beretta Cougar 9mm... fantastic gun and very easy to shoot with minimal recoil
S&W Model 29 .44 mag, blue steel... the original Dirty Harry gun. A lot of fun to hold and shoot, but impractical for anything other than target practice, showing off to friends, or shooting bears.
S&W Model 65 .357 mag, stainless steel... my first gun. Bought it for home defense. 357 was a good choice because you can also shoot .38 specials from it. Solid but unspectacular gun. Strictly a practical investment.

I have the following:

M-1 Garand, .30-06
Springfield XD, 9mm
Remington M1911, .45 cal
Mosin-Nagant bolt action rifle (old commie WWII rifle), 7.62mm

I don't like the Springfield XD 9mm very much. I'd like to get rid of it and get a Glock or Sig Sauer.

I'd also like to get an Auto-Ordnance new production M-1 carbine.

I am not a fan of the Springfield XD either. I have fired two and both had HEAVY triggers, and everything about both of them just felt "off" to me.

On the subject of guns, can anyone recommend a good gunsmith in Winston-Salem? My .45 is kaput.

is it a 1911 or some other type of .45?

If it is a 1911 there is a guy in lexington who will do basically any of the work for you for free if you buy the parts.

And elkman, I reload everything i shoot except .40 caliber. (.223, .243, .380, 9mm, .38 special, .357 magnum, .45 acp). Have you been laying in a supply of powder/primers in case another '08 situation happens this year? I figure between the election and the 2012 morons we could see supplies dry up or prices shoot sky high.

Back