• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guns

Ah, gotcha. And I agree wholeheartedly. My dad was a gunsmith and hunter and specialized depending on the targeted game, but the .270 was a favorite of his.

Love the .270. Had plans to get one this year, but I didn't get drawn for an elk tag in Arizona.

Love the .270. Had plans to get one this year, but I didn't get drawn for an elk tag in Arizona.

Man, that's too bad. There's some monsters out there.

He built a great set up for my mom to use on deer and antelope. Most didn't know what hit them, but didn't turn the front quarters into hamburger either.

I own an RCP90:

rcp90okaythistime%20(570%20x%20244).jpg

And a Klobb:

200950-klobb.jpg

And this one gun that's gold:

image_30227.jpg

Been trying to acquire a Moonraker Laser, but they're hard to find.

Browning .280 Stalker
7 mm Mauser
Browning BPS 10 gauge
Remington 870 Express 12 gauge pump

CMMG AR15 5.56. With my old eyes I couldn't hit a barn with the A3 iron sights. A Nikon M-223 1-4X scope fixed that.

how do you holster that for CC? I feel like it's pretty large to conceal really well w/out printing.

Yea that's what I was wondering as well... You an ex Wake OL/DL guy leftcoast? Bout the only people big enough to conceal that haha. I'm much to small to carry a full size glock as a concealled carry and am questionable about if a 23 is too big or not.

Yea that's what I was wondering as well... You an ex Wake OL/DL guy leftcoast? Bout the only people big enough to conceal that haha. I'm much to small to carry a full size glock as a concealled carry and am questionable about if a 23 is too big or not.

lol, he's definitely not

how do you holster that for CC? I feel like it's pretty large to conceal really well w/out printing.

Inside the Waistband. You might have to adjust how you dress when you carry it a little bit, but if you were wearing a blazer you shouldn't have any problems. At 1.18" thick and a little over 6" tall, it could definitely work as an option.

As LBE pointed out, most definitely not a big guy (5'11, 210 and dropping right now)

I'm a Beretta fan and like the Nano in 9mm for CC. It's nice with a 7+1 capacity. S&W is good too.

I'm considering a 270 or 243. I just want a rifle to shoot for now but if I do get into hunting, it will be for deer and want a good caliber for that.

I went shooting this last couple weekends with a buddy. I took my Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm. He brought a Colt 1911 .45, a Remington 700 in .243 varmint barrel with Jewel trigger and kevlar stock, and his Colt AR 15 in 223 with floated barrel, and good optics.

He loads his own ammo and had some special plastic tipped bullets. The Colt AR15 is a tack driver. I put 5 through the same hole at 100 yards.

He recently put a new trigger on his 700 and it was super light. I'd call it a hair trigger as the thing shot as soon as I touched the trigger. He has tightened it up a bit since then, thank God.

how many of you have ccps? how often do you carry and where? is there any reasoning behind it? just wondering because i was surprised to see how many reference it.

how many of you have ccps? how often do you carry and where? is there any reasoning behind it? just wondering because i was surprised to see how many reference it.

J has his, i'll probably get mine (mostly so if there were ever a gun in the car and i was driving i wouldn't get in monster trouble. i would never carry). i know the reasoning there for him is protection, but also the ability to stop other things from happning (see: old man in FL).

that was my JAM.

I hope you merely mean you enjoyed playing the wonderful game, Goldeneye. If you mean that you were a constant user of the moonraker laser, then you're dead to me...

whatever. temple set on moonraker laser. i will take any one of you.

I got mine recently and the main reason is that in the industry I work (fuel transportation) i'm on the road quite a bit and some of the stores that we deliver to are in seedy parts of town. I'd rather have one with me and need it than need one and not have it. Also, the CCP allows you to skip going to the courthouse and get a pistol permit everytime you want to purchase a handgun so in that regard it's a lot more convinent if you buy/sell/trade pistols quite a bit.

I have never carry concealed but will depending on what i'm doing if I can find a pistol that isn't to big a bother. As much as I like the reliability of the glocks I went and looked at them the other day and it's just too bulky in any style for me. I'll probably be going with a Ruger LC9 or a Walther of some sort.

I do, but have never carried. I like having the ability to if I feel the need, and as leftcoast mentioned, it make pistol purchases much easier.

Think leftcoast as a Wake lineman made me laugh, even though I'd say he's as tough as pretty much any of them. **Apologize for mixing the brotalk thread with the guns thread there for a minute.

i have one in PA and ME to make transport of my gun easier and I take my pistol camping/hiking. At this point, I've never carried in my day to day life.

Back