• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Haas, Simpson and Garcia

Sergio Garcia chipped in for a 6 foot par on the green today because of a spike mark in front of his ball. Pretty impressive, but embarrassing for the golf course.

The whole thing is an embarrassment for the course. I cannot remember a tour event played on a course in worse condition.

I'm stunned at the condition of the greens. They were perfect last year. We walked the back nine on Sunday with Phil's group. Did they give up on them because they're digging them up in a week? I don't know how you do that when you know you're hosting a PGA event. It's a great way to damage a stellar reputation.

Greenskeeper was just shit from what I've heard.

Here's the story on the greens.

Johnny Harris told the old greens keeper to cut the greens shorter 6-7 weeks ago and the old greens keeper said it would kill the greens.

He was forced to quit/got fired.

Johnny Harris brings in new greens keeper that will do what he says and is also an "expert in Bermuda greens." New greens keeper kills the greens.

Old greens keeper used to compare notes with other clubs that used the same type of bent grass in the area. New greens keeper, not so much.

Here's the story on the greens.

Johnny Harris told the old greens keeper to cut the greens shorter 6-7 weeks ago and the old greens keeper said it would kill the greens.

He was forced to quit/got fired.

Johnny Harris brings in new greens keeper that will do what he says and is also an "expert in Bermuda greens." New greens keeper kills the greens.

Old greens keeper used to compare notes with other clubs that used the same type of bent grass in the area. New greens keeper, not so much.

That makes sense. A member/member has destroyed more than one course.

Quail Hollow's greens are like WFU sports--once great now impossible to even look at. But the greens will come back.

Webb is hot today: -4 thru 10. Moving back into contention.

(historically whenever I point out something like this, he immediately bogies or worse...but I refuse to believe in the jinx).

Webb is hot today: -4 thru 10. Moving back into contention.

(historically whenever I point out something like this, he immediately bogies or worse...but I refuse to believe in the jinx).

And your trend continues. Hits in the creek on 18 and takes a double to finish with 71. Promising round undone on the back 9.

Just got my first view of the greens. I would demand a refund of my green fee.

Awful. Embarrassing.

It looks like anthracnose.

I'm told the technical term for what did the damage is bacteria wilt. The prior green keeper teamramrod refers to had been fighting it successfully for years.

Tee times bumped up earlier for the threat of weather. Meanwhile this is whats waiting for them down here in JAX.

golf_tpcsaw_cr_600.jpg

Unfortunately GC and CBS will show on tape delay. Tourney will be over before it even comes on the air. Wish GC would dump their Euro PGA coverage this AM. Oh well

Unfortunately GC and CBS will show on tape delay. Tourney will be over before it even comes on the air. Wish GC would dump their Euro PGA coverage this AM. Oh well

Agreed. I'm going to miss the entire thing while flying to California this afternoon.

Great leaderboard right now as leaders wrap up front nine. Phil up by one over McIlroy, local guy Karlsson, and Westwood. If rain stays away until 1:30, will just watch it on CBS without knowing the results given that leaderboard.

Back