• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Haas, Simpson and Garcia

Anybody follow this group this morning? It appears Haas took 4 different penalty strokes on 7 to make a 9 on the hole. Unbelievable.

According to the leaderboard, Haas was +6 on the par fives. Solid.

Maybe the commute was too tough for him. Or his unfamiliarity with the course.

Sounds like he hit it in the water on the right off the tee, hit his next shot off the map ( I assume into the properties across the creek), and then dunked his third in the water.

Last edited:
I been on fire lately picking tournaments online. I picked Scott in Augusta and won, Webb at HH and got 2nd and last week had Horschel. This week, my headliners out of a group of 5 were Watney, Webb and Points. I like the way Watney started.

Sux about Haas. i've been kind of thinking TPC for him for a couple weeks.

Coverage just came on GC. Greens are embarrassing - especially for such a solid event and good course. If the greens at my course looked like that I'd be pissed.

Disgraceful. I am sure the members are embarrassed, especially since QH is known for its immaculate condition. If our club had our greens looking like that for our member guest there would be a revolution.

I was out there this afternoon and most of the players were laughing in disgust at how bad the greens are. On multiple occasions, Rory, Bubba, and The Duck walked over and marveled at how bad certain patches were. The areas around the fringes on virtually every single green were just plain awful. Was sad to see as someone who's been lucky enough to play that course in immaculate condition.

Also, the word I've heard around town is that they will keep the Wells Fargo in Charlotte in 2017, and the newly redone Carmel CC is the front runner for the tourney. I'd imagine River Run up in Cornelius would be in the running as well. They've hosted some mini tour events and are having a Web.com tourney there this year.

I was out there this afternoon and most of the players were laughing in disgust at how bad the greens are. On multiple occasions, Rory, Bubba, and The Duck walked over and marveled at how bad certain patches were. The areas around the fringes on virtually every single green were just plain awful. Was sad to see as someone who's been lucky enough to play that course in immaculate condition.

Also, the word I've heard around town is that they will keep the Wells Fargo in Charlotte in 2017, and the newly redone Carmel CC is the front runner for the tourney. I'd imagine River Run up in Cornelius would be in the running as well. They've hosted some mini tour events and are having a Web.com tourney there this year.

River Run would be a pretty solid choice. I played the state mid Am out there a couple years ago and it was a strong test, and the 4 closing holes are just brutal especially if the wind is blowing. NC Fourball is there this fall.

River Run is a piece of shit and the 18th hole is probably the worst in NC.

Eagle Point will get the 2017 WFC

I just don't see the title sponsor, or all of the other local smaller sponsors who fill up the stands/hospitality/etc, allowing the event to get outside of Charlotte.

I'm heading to the tournament on Saturday for the day. I'll be coming from Raleigh. Does anyone have any advise on best places to park, etc?

Also, can you take a cell phone in? I see where no cameras, etc. are allowed, but the tournament website doesn't specifically identify a policy on cell phones. I don't want to get there and then have it confiscated.

Thanks for any help.

I'm heading to the tournament on Saturday for the day. I'll be coming from Raleigh. Does anyone have any advise on best places to park, etc?

Also, can you take a cell phone in? I see where no cameras, etc. are allowed, but the tournament website doesn't specifically identify a policy on cell phones. I don't want to get there and then have it confiscated.

Thanks for any help.
The Convention Center in downtown Charlotte has free shuttles over the weekend. It's about a 30min ride from the center to the course via Park Rd. (Carowinds is nice because it has free parking but unfortunately it won't have shuttles over the weekend.) Most downtown parking lots have a $20 daily max for parking; if you are a weasel like me you can park at the Sports & Fitness garage for free and then make the 3 block walk across 277 to the shuttles. To my knowledge cell phones should be OK as long as you are not visibly taking pictures or videos of the golfers; hopefully someone on here can confirm that. The giant sweet tea from Bojangles ($4) is clutch and the Smuckers PBJ's ($3.50) are delicious. Enjoy!

River Run is a piece of shit and the 18th hole is probably the worst in NC.

I'm going to disagree with you on the entire course being a POS, but I do agree about the 18th hole. Way too penal for regular member play. The pros wouldn't have any problem with it.

Besides, when has quality of the course ever deterred the tour from some of the places they play? PGA West, the courses at Disney...

Eagle Point is getting it.

Park at Sharon Baptist Church or the neighborhood behind there. Dont take a shuttle like a noob.

Webb bogeys 6, hopefully he can get a birdie on 7 or 8

Couple of things:
1. Park down the road behind Sharon Baptist Church, very short walk.

2. Was there for Bill's meltdown on Thursday. Felt awful for him. So, he drove in the creek that runs down 7, dropped laying 3, side hill lie, next shot faded right and hit the rocks by the green the ball bounded across the lake and landed in to the yard on the other side(OB), re-dropped hit again ball barely cleared the hazard but bounced back in (we actually were not sure the ball cleared the hazard, but Garcia was very gracious and pointed to a pitch mark to prove that it cleared.) At this point, Bill was toast. 2 putted for a lovely 9. To his credit, he was a class act the whole time even though you know he was steaming.

3. Stated earlier, I just don't see how you could host a PGA tournament at Eagle Point. I love the course, may top 5 of courses I have played. I have played it about 10 times. It would be a blast to watch the pro's play that course, but getting people in and out a 2 lane road would be a logistical nightmare.

4. The greens are worse than they look on tv.

will be there tomorrow

Last edited:
Sergio Garcia chipped in for a 6 foot par on the green today because of a spike mark in front of his ball. Pretty impressive, but embarrassing for the golf course.

Back