• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman out indefinitely

Hopefully Jurgens isn't out for more than a few games...Haven't heard anything definitive there

Other than Clawson leaving, or Wake getting booted outta the ACC before our first game, I don't know what problems we could be having that are worse than losing Hartman.

OP could of course shed some light on their thoughts and clear things up ...

But just to throw in: I have not heard anything about a crazy injury scenario, rash of suspensions, Clawson absconding to the XFL (did they stay in business), the impending demolition of Truist Field, etc. Weird thing to throw on the board and put people on high alert but [shrug], whatever.

If I had to guess, it's fearmongering about NIL and Wake falling behind.

ETA: The Jurgens shit is weird. I wouldn't qualify that as worthy of "We may soon have much bigger problems than Hartman. I'm just saying." But we were told he'd be back in a couple of days after he'd missed two days and that was after about a week of camp and ... well, without "reporting" on injuries, Clawson told us last weekend "We should get Jurgens back on Tuesday."

Last edited:
i have heard a new rumor; some of you aren't going to like it

TheAbster is full of shit

My initial response to the doom and gloom of Abster was trolling.

My second response was that neither Griffis or Kern step up, the offense struggles and the team takes unexpected early losses. Our confidence in our team and coaches has never been higher. A return to failure would be a bitter pill to swallow. I doubt that happens but the possibility exists.

Our goal should be to have the #1 defense in the country.

That would adjust the worries about when Hartman returns, considerably.

The offense will be fine.

That defensive post made me cackle.

Our goal should be to have the #1 defense in the country.

That would adjust the worries about when Hartman returns, considerably.

#1 in points allowed? yardage allowed? RZ TDs allowed? :)

I'm joking of course, I feel the D will actually show a bit of a backbone this year.

WF's defense stats will always be inflated and WF's offensive stats will be bumped up as long as WF plays ultra high tempo. Clawson has determined that the benefit of going fast is a net positive, but when the offense and defense are both on the field for 80+ plays more points will be scored than if the number of plays is in the 60s. The two key stat for WF's defense (and offense) is yards per play and turnovers.

WF's defense stats will always be inflated and WF's offensive stats will be bumped up as long as WF plays ultra high tempo. Clawson has determined that the benefit of going fast is a net positive, but when the offense and defense are both on the field for 80+ plays more points will be scored than if the number of plays is in the 60s. The two key stat for WF's defense (and offense) is yards per play and turnovers.

So if Griffis struggles, it's going to be better for Lambert's #1 ranked defense. Gotcha.

The two key stat for WF's defense (and offense) is yards per play and turnovers.

the Deacs acheived their second top-50 finish in offensive yards per play under Clawson last season by sneaking in at #48,

the other was #25 Wolford's senior year

My initial response to the doom and gloom of Abster was trolling.

My second response was that neither Griffis or Kern step up, the offense struggles and the team takes unexpected early losses. Our confidence in our team and coaches has never been higher. A return to failure would be a bitter pill to swallow. I doubt that happens but the possibility exists.

And so Wake Forest like.

Lots of LOWF around here. We will be more than fine! We have unlimited weapons. Griffis just has to be slightly above average these first 3 games comfortably.

Even at average or slightly below average, we still have enough firepower that we will go 3-0.

Back