• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Harvey about to MESS with Texas

Rice picture is from January. People are such jerks in a time of crisis. Look at me I made a tweet! Even if it's totally fake.

Yep. There are a lot of "viral" posts flying around social media right now with false information.

Well, shit is pretty bad here. Will post some #realnews photos later, but have to conserve phone power. Rumor is we may not get power back for weeks.

My dad and I had to tear down a fence this morning to rescue a disabled neighbor. Nine people and four unhappy dogs in my parents house now. Every ranch house on the street is evacuated. Backdoor neighbor's living room is under 8.5 inches of water. Shit sucks. No sharks though!

Well, shit is pretty bad here. Will post some #realnews photos later, but have to conserve phone power. Rumor is we may not get power back for weeks.

My dad and I had to tear down a fence this morning to rescue a disabled neighbor. Nine people and four unhappy dogs in my parents house now. Every ranch house on the street is evacuated. Backdoor neighbor's living room is under 8.5 inches of water. Shit sucks. No sharks though!

Wait I thought you were from Winston

Hate to see and hear about all the devastation. Thinking about those folks.

21105667_1663069463706197_4812442814305947972_n.jpg

Lots of folks headed south to help out too, though I don't know how they're going to get there with the roads blocked off and more rain expected.

How's the house, wakephan?
By some miracle, dry. Neighborhood is kinda fucked and we're expecting another wave of flooding soon. Water receded a lot over night! Feeling really bummed for all the people with ruined houses (so, basically every one-story house on my parents' street). Especially those who lost everything less than a year ago in flooding.

By some miracle, dry. Neighborhood is kinda fucked and we're expecting another wave of flooding soon. Water receded a lot over night! Feeling really bummed for all the people with ruined houses (so, basically every one-story house on my parents' street). Especially those who lost everything less than a year ago in flooding.

Worse may be yet to come. Don't be fooled by the receding waters. It's a nice reprieve, but they may come rushing back in short order. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that and you have a better handle on things since you are actually there, but be safe.

Glad to hear the water receded a lot overnight, phan. My uncle in Houston (also a Deac) said yesterday during a reprieve in the rain that the water was not going down.

Worse may be yet to come. Don't be fooled by the receding waters. It's a nice reprieve, but they may come rushing back in short order. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that and you have a better handle on things since you are actually there, but be safe.
True. The rain has been constant since I woke up, but the streets seem to be draining at the moment.

Another problem is that I actually live in Austin and have to go back to work. I'm glad I was here to help my parents though.

I assume that has now occurred.

I don't know. He evacuated yesterday around noon. He went to a shelter and then picked up by one of his wife's co-workers who lives in much higher ground.

Harvey is catastrophic. My cousin and her family were forced to evacuate the Siena area in South Houston. Many of the folks in her neighborhood didn't have flood insurance.... 4 more days of rain? Good lord

Harvey is catastrophic. My cousin and her family were forced to evacuate the Siena area in South Houston. Many of the folks in her neighborhood didn't have flood insurance.... 4 more days of rain? Good lord

I heard a lot of people had recently dropped flood insurance because the rates went up.

Back