• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Harvey about to MESS with Texas

True. The rain has been constant since I woke up, but the streets seem to be draining at the moment.

Another problem is that I actually live in Austin and have to go back to work. I'm glad I was here to help my parents though.

I'm sure a call into work will get you a reprieve.

Free market. Could have just rented or chosen to live in the mountains. Show up to work. #bootstraps.

I'm sure a call into work will get you a reprieve.
I mean, it is a natural disaster of historic proportions that's decimating half the state. I bet his work understands.
Yeah, thanks dudes. I teach at UT and classes don't start until Wednesday. Plus 1/3 of UT students are from affected areas, so they certainly understand.

Free market. Could have just rented or chosen to live in the mountains. Show up to work. #bootstraps.

I know this is said in jest, but that was the actual response my neighbor got in 2015 when SC had major flooding. They first lost their house and then he lost his job because he wouldn't travel to work to in an uneffected area within two days of the flood.

just wow, thoughts and prayers are with Houston, having been through Floyd this will be a long process

C2fURAAVIAA37sx.jpg

C2fOsmZUQAAMqD0.jpg

All Fake.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...iral-hoaxes/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.55a61be3e584

Man, this gas panic is really insane. People getting in fist fights over gas at gas stations, filling gas into containers and then selling them online for $50 per gallon, etc. Every gas station I've passed today is either empty or has a 20+ person wait. Waits are causing traffic jams well.

Man, this gas panic is really insane. People getting in fist fights over gas at gas stations, filling gas into containers and then selling them online for $50 per gallon, etc. Every gas station I've passed today is either empty or has a 20+ person wait. Waits are causing traffic jams well.

tragedy bring out the best in people

Fucking pisses me off to no end. People are freaking out all the way in Dallas, which didn't even see any rain from Harvey. Stay out of the right lanes unless you have to make a turn, and even then don't move over until after the gas station entry. I don't know where this gas panic started, but people are absolute morons. Small gas station near me is out of gas. Another one is probably out of gas as it had traffic backed up 1/4 mile last night at 7:30. I have half a tank and am hoping it lasts me a while. Lines were less but still there at 10:30 last night. I wonder how much gas people used up driving around looking for gas.

Every gas station that gouges the price should be fined $1000/gal they sold last month. Every hotel that raised their prices by over 50% should be fined $5000/room.

So the gas prices jumped here in NC too, is there any actual reason for it or just more wonders of LCD social media?

could have something to with an interruption of the supply..not sure what that could be... #unsolvedmysteries

They shut down the Colonial Pipeline that supplies much of the South and Mid Atlantic. Same one that shut down last year due to damage. I filled up on Wednesday and yesterday that same station had raised prices by like 60 cents and had huge lines. It's probably sold out now. Should hopefully be ok through next week.

I've never understood why the second supply is affected the price goes up. At that point stations are still on the price they paid before supply was affected. Shouldn't it take a little while for the price to go up? I don't know, maybe when the station has to pay the higher price for their next shipment? #supplyanddemand #wecanchargewhatwewant

I've never understood why the second supply is affected the price goes up. At that point stations are still on the price they paid before supply was affected. Shouldn't it take a little while for the price to go up? I don't know, maybe when the station has to pay the higher price for their next shipment? #supplyanddemand #wecanchargewhatwewant

The storm hit a week ago. That's when supply started getting impacted. Refineries around Houston are fucked.

The storm hit a week ago. That's when supply started getting impacted. Refineries around Houston are fucked.

Fair enough for this storm. Did not realize when production stopped. Seems common for other storms but I might not pay close enough attention.

Back