• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has Coach Forbes or AD Currie Released A Statement Yet?

Yea. I also think the increasing media coverage and overall hype surrounding NCAA football has helped a lot of schools that were "traditionally" thought of as football schools. These schools also happen to be in the conferences with the most robust and lucrative TV deals (the SEC, Big 10, etc.) and with plenty of underlying booster support for things like NIL.
And can outbid ACC schools for name brand coaches. Coaches make/break programs in college basketball.

Yeah. That’s another change. It used to be either/or. Football school or basketball school. Now the SEC is both when Kentucky used to be the only basketball school and Florida had high points of doing both.

27, the changes I mentioned help explain why the ACC is so bad. The ACC can’t coast on rep anymore. There are 15 mouths to feed and all of them have to be good enough in order for boost each team.
They don't ALL have to be good. I mean obviously that's a perfect world. The Big East had 3 teams in triple digits in KP, including 224th Georgetown. They managed to do alright with tournament bids. Creighton and Providence won 21 games a piece and made it.

They don't ALL have to be good. I mean obviously that's a perfect world. The Big East had 3 teams in triple digits in KP, including 224th Georgetown. They managed to do alright with tournament bids. Creighton and Providence won 21 games a piece and made it.

That makes it seem like there’s something uniquely wrong with the ACC.

Back