• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the basketball program reached rockbottom yet?

yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys, Bzzzzzz is just lowering the bar even more so that when we don't get blown out by 36 on our home floor we can point to it as improvement.

In two years, when our program is NCAA bound, I will laugh at you Negative Nancies. Leather up, Sallies! It's only Bz's second year. It takes time to recruit players for his system.

This year is going to be hellish, but for God's sake, it's just a game.

And once, I mean... IF, we don't go NCAA bound in two years (and get knocked out in the first round, like Mr. [Redacted]'s only NCAA appearance in his career) will you admit that you were just an overzealous fan boi of Mr. Wellman's hire? Will you fuck...

Guys, Bzzzzzz is just lowering the bar even more so that when we don't get blown out by 36 on our home floor we can point to it as improvement.

See: Maryland loss, Jan 11, 2011.

The hole is so deep now that I can get authentic Chinese take-out.

This is not even the bottom, I'm afraid. Sucking this bad is is shocking and pitiful, but just wait until Bz has a chance to get his system in place with his players and we are a consistent bubble team basking in our mediocrity for years to come...For me that is the bottom.

I blame the arrogance and entitlement of the WF community. We have earned every bit of the pain we are suffering now. Karma is hell.

I blame the arrogance and entitlement of the WF community. We have earned every bit of the pain we are suffering now. Karma is hell.

What are you even talking about? What has the Wake Forest community done to piss you off?

Do you see any humility around here? I am pissed off because our own "FANS" trash our student athletes and the good people in our athletic department who work hard to bring us a quality product.

Quit whining and start supporting our teams.

What are you even talking about? What has the Wake Forest community done to piss you off?

Do you see any humility around here? I am pissed off because our own "FANS" trash our student athletes and the good people in our athletic department who work hard to bring us a quality product.

NGARep, is that you????

You do understand that this is the job of those "good people in our athletic department", right? as in they get paid A LOT of money to get results like this. If I performed similarly at my job I'd be buffing up my resume and planning for a new one.

There are some who may be vitriolic with some of their comments, but to say that the fans deserve this disaster of a program is ridiculous. I thought you were being ridiculous when you said you were friends with RW, but as personally as you are taking this I think maybe you were telling the truth. You (and your buddies in the athletic department) should remember that the fans are the ones who fund their salaries. I expect that our athletic director hires coaches that run clean programs and win games. To hold RW or other coaches (people who are earning huge salaries) accountable is not whiny. Further more, our student athletes accepted huge scholarships and are very well compensated for their efforts. I do not support personal attacks, but our players are clearly not good enough to compete in the ACC, and we need better coaching and recruiting to compete. Are you really suggesting that we (the whiny fans) should continue to send money to people who are responsible for the shit-show displayed at the Joel yesterday? Talk about entitled, I WISH I could be paid six-figures to perform my job while being completely unaccountable for my performance.

And you are suggesting we are entitled? WTF?

NGARep, is that you????

Check out some of his past posts. There are some doozzies. He also claims to be a good friend of Wellman, which explains why he seems to take this so personally. He's caught up emotionally in the fact that his buddy is getting negrepped all around Deacon land for this hire.

This is not even the bottom, I'm afraid. Sucking this bad is is shocking and pitiful, but just wait until Bz has a chance to get his system in place with his players and we are a consistent bubble team basking in our mediocrity for years to come...For me that is the bottom.

Sad but true...

No where near. When UNC rapes us by 60, we will be getting close. Again, we will never be at rock bottom while bzz is still here. When he leaves, we will start on the way back.

Agreed. We've now wasted two years. How much longer...

You're either very naive, young or both. When customers pay significant $$$ for a product, they expect a quality product. Sorry, but that's how it works.

Many alums that I talk with don't even follow the team anymore. The attendence at Joel is weak and it appears that neither students nor alums bother going. We are still televised frequently, but never on ESPN....only on the lower ESPN family of channels. The program is irrelevant and it will take years to get it back in my opinion. Probably need to suffer through a few more bad years from Bdzelik and hope that a new coach can get us back in 3-4 years. I have my eyes on the 2017-2018 season for the next trip to the NCAA's.

Haven't read the whole thread.

At first i thought I saw some improvements versus last year. Now I'm thinking those were anomalies. That makes me sad.

Back