• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the #buzzout movement been struck a fatal blow?

He may really believe that Jeff [Redacted] is the man for the job.

He probably believed it, just as he believes he is the smartest man in the room.

However, with all the empirical evidence starring him in the face now, I have a hard time believing that Wellman still thinks [Redacted] is the man for the job.

I'm sticking with my theory that to get the BoT to sign [Redacted] that Wellman put his job on the line for the hire. It helps me make some logical sense of why this disaster of a coach was allowed to be plucked away from obscurity in fly-over country.

He probably believed it, just as he believes he is the smartest man in the room.

However, with all the empirical evidence starring him in the face now, I have a hard time believing that Wellman still thinks [Redacted] is the man for the job.

I'm sticking with my theory that to get the BoT to sign [Redacted] that Wellman put his job on the line for the hire. It helps me make some logical sense of why this disaster of a coach was allowed to be plucked away from obscurity in fly-over country.

Agreed. I just don't understand the hire to begin with......

Even if Bzz gets us back to the tourney in year 4 (highly doubtful with departure of CJ), you'll never convince me he was the right man for the job. No Wake fan should be put through what we have over the past three years.

Fatal? One big win and all of a sudden the BuzzOut movement is dead? Some people operate with a short memory around here. #BuzzWayTheFuckOut

Devin has improved pretty quickly and impressively over his freshman year.

2ps2amc.png

148zvyv.png

That scoring chart says that Devin has had an up and down season with one great game. Now if he scores in double digits for another two games, that's sustained improvement over a significant portion of the season.

That scoring chart says that Devin has had an up and down season with one great game. Now if he scores in double digits for another two games, that's sustained improvement over a significant portion of the season.

True.

ojjp5s.png

His rebounding during ACC play is certainly significantly better than it was in non-conference play. That is impressive given the level of competition. I would agree that he has improved.

He is averaging 9.3 PPG and 9.9 RPG in the ACC. We have played the 5th hardest schedule in the conference so far.

I have to say that the assumption that someone's scoring can be explained by some linear regression is faulty.

The market chartists out there would probably say he's going to tank this weekend.

I have to say that the assumption that someone's scoring can be explained by some linear regression is faulty.

It's not supposed to predict his scoring or anything. I was just looking for trends over the year in scoring and rebounding. He has been pretty damn good his last 5 games (all in ACC play).

Since the New Year, we are 4-3.

That is hardly impressive.

it is better than that 2-4 start though :)
Buzz will unfortunately be back next season bc we have a lot of heart and play in a sub-par conference.
I am predicting that we will go winless on the road but will beat VT,MD, GT and FSU at home putting us at 14-16 and a 1st round exit from the ACC tourney.
I do think we have the talent to flip that record but I just can not see this team winning any games on the road with Buzz running the show

it is better than that 2-4 start though :)
Buzz will unfortunately be back next season bc we have a lot of heart and play in a sub-par conference.
I am predicting that we will go winless on the road but will beat VT,MD, GT and FSU at home putting us at 14-16 and a 1st round exit from the ACC tourney.
I do think we have the talent to flip that record but I just can not see this team winning any games on the road with Buzz running the show

I think that result a) is unlikely because I don't see us beating Maryland, and b) should give us a new coach next year even if it does come to pass.

I disagree. There has to be a clear trajectory of improvement. We had 13 wins last year. I do think we need to be a .500 team end of year or real close. I think you would probably be right except for the mass exodus of players after last year. That forced Wellman's hand. If Carson is still here we probably don't have a win quota just improvement

We also played an easier schedule last year than in year one. We traded VCU, Xavier, and Gonzaga for cream puffs and Seton Hall. That's two extra wins right there, and all of our ACC wins in year 2 were against teams that were much worse than they were the year before. In other words, we did improve some, but not nearly as much as 5 extra wins would indicate.

Also, you realize you pretending to know Wellman's thinking on this is really obnoxious, right?

Last edited:
It's not supposed to predict his scoring or anything. I was just looking for trends over the year in scoring and rebounding. He has been pretty damn good his last 5 games (all in ACC play).

Must be the weed. (Or the lack thereof?)

Back