• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the #buzzout movement been struck a fatal blow?

If we beat GTech and Tech keeps losing ... Shaka may be an ACC coach somewhere else.

Pretty sure they're still paying Hewitt $1mm+ year. No way they could also afford to pay Gregory's buyout and the salary Shaka would demand.

Besides, with the schedule they have played so far, you would probably expect them to be 1-4 in the ACC (and the one game you would expect them to have won did go to OT). They have got ten wins and are coming up on a very easy section of their schedule, too soon to speculate anything there yet.

Besides, we were assured that you can't fire a coach after two seasons.

If Brown touches it and then it hits CJ before going out of bounds that would have taken up a great portion, if not all, of the 1.2 seconds that were on the clock.

Don't think so. Not if CJ is close to the edge of the court. You don't throw it under the basket obviously. Clock doesn't start until it is touched, so I wouldn't want to risk it. Rather get tied up from a 3/4 heave after a scrum

Pretty sure they're still paying Hewitt $1mm+ year. No way they could also afford to pay Gregory's buyout and the salary Shaka would demand.

Besides, with the schedule they have played so far, you would probably expect them to be 1-4 in the ACC (and the one game you would expect them to have won did go to OT). They have got ten wins and are coming up on a very easy section of their schedule, too soon to speculate anything there yet.

Besides, we were assured that you can't fire a coach after two seasons.

Thank god.

Where's gaybone at to defend his boy? Bzzz has always been, and will always be, a fucking loser.

I'll just repost what I said a couple days ago.

Fatal? One big win and all of a sudden the BuzzOut movement is dead? Some people operate with a short memory around here. #BuzzWayTheFuckOut

Where's gaybone at to defend his boy? Bzzz has always been, and will always be, a fucking loser.

Well if you're really smart at basketball you can see all the incremental improvements this team is making. That plus how much our players like each other and it's really fun to watch.

still a lot of the season left - I'm sure this won't be our last 20 pt loss

Were there really fools that believed the state win trumped every other game under buzzdick?

Like I said somewhere on this thread, the follow through on the State win would be really important.

I think Stevens is going to wait for the Duke job or try to build a dynasty at Butler. Shaka is our best chance at landing a big name coach if we do fire Bzz sometime soon. We may be more likely now to land Shaka than 3 years ago when he was making his Final Four run during our coaching search, but it's still a slim chance.

I agree we have zero shot at Stevens. But what makes you think we have a shot at Shaka? I still think it's pretty clear Ron isn't firing Buzzdick after this season. And even if he does, why do you think it might be attractive for Shaka to work for Wellman? Remember that Ron has put recruiting restrictions on Buzzdick. I don't think a guy of Shaka's stature would want to work for an ass like Wellman.

Yes, yes there were.

That's why I'm so depressed right now. Too many Wake fans believe the shite spoken by Buzzdick and Wellman and are more than willing to accept the current state of affairs. Having a crap team that beats a top-25 team once every 3 years is now cause to rush the court. At Wake Forest. A school that had I believe the 3rd best record in the ACC for the 1990s and 2000s. We've now risen from historically awful to being pretty bad in Buzzdick's 3rd season, and we certainly have enough talent now to win 13-16 games the next couple of seasons - especially with a lot of OOC cupcakes. And that will sadly be enough to see Buzzdick get an extension.

That's why I'm so depressed right now. Too many Wake fans believe the shite spoken by Buzzdick and Wellman and are more than willing to accept the current state of affairs. Having a crap team that beats a top-25 team once every 3 years is now cause to rush the court. At Wake Forest. A school that had I believe the 3rd best record in the ACC for the 1990s and 2000s. We've now risen from historically awful to being pretty bad in Buzzdick's 3rd season, and we certainly have enough talent now to win 13-16 games the next couple of seasons - especially with a lot of OOC cupcakes. And that will sadly be enough to see Buzzdick get an extension.

Exactly. We don't leave rock bottom. We just hang out there until Buzz is fired. I don't know what was more embarrassing, our team's play or listening to the commentators make fun of us for 2.5 hours. They didn't mean to, there just wasn't anything to say.

They were talking about how State would show up tonight when they were playing in a real game...of course we were not a real game. That's while it is so funny to watch us storm the court because we beat a pretty underwhelming ranked team at home in a game that NO ONE CARED ABOUT. We are just silly and irrelevant. And not good.

Back