• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the men's basketball program now, finally, hit ROCK BOTTOM?

Have we finally arrived?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or 36 questions, or 118, or whatever

Nah. Y’all make bald assertions about Wake basketball that strike me as bizarre. I ask questions to test those assertions to see if they stand up to reason or whether you actually believe them. When those questions lead you towards conclusions you aren’t comfortable with, most of you pick up your ball and go home. Some of you try and steer the conversation away from those uncomfortable conclusions, with varying degrees of success, and some of you actually stand up and provide support for those bald assertions.

It usually only takes a question or two to get that process started.

Dude posts 3-20 posts in a row, thousands of words, making circular arguments around the tiniest of details, and then declares victory when no one will engage him.

No, I created an algorithm and ran some stats. I'm right. If you want to sign up for a subscription, you can see for yourself. I take all major credit cards.

Dude posts 3-20 posts in a row, thousands of words, making circular arguments around the tiniest of details, and then declares victory when no one will engage him.

Some people have a need to be undepheated.

RNotChill perpetuating his endless shtick is becoming my personal WF Basketball rock bottom.

We need to be fantastically good, or fantastically bad, or the WF Hoops Malaise will just go on forever. Amazingly we’ve been both in about the last decade, but now we can’t commit to either. Set me free why don’t you Wake!

RNotChill perpetuating his endless shtick is becoming my personal WF Basketball rock bottom.

We need to be fantastically good, or fantastically bad, or the WF Hoops Malaise will just go on forever. Amazingly we’ve been both in about the last decade, but now we can’t commit to either. Set me free why don’t you Wake!

Wut? Are you actually pining for the [Redacted] years?

Dear lord.

Yeah and look who’s fault that was, March!March! March!

March 17, 2019

Free of Rchill March 2019, but if we didn’t suck he wouldn’t have to leave.

7 more months...

Figured that would be your reply. But anytime you gotta drop the “maybe it’s Freudian” line, you’re pop psychologizing.

I guess it’s true... get it out here so you don’t get it out in the real world.

It’s all good. I’m just saying what birdman is - take a cue from your board name and chill out. Other people can have different opinions. It doesn’t have to bother you like it does.

March!

Y’all could just pretend it’s March and stop refreshing the thread. Just a suggestion.

I’m even willing to start a separate thread for y’all to bitch and moan and circle jerk in your misery. I’ll make an especially smug post to get your juices flowing and then stay off it for good. Just say the word.

In this thread, RChill honestly thinks he's the only reason anyone reads it. He's like RJ when it comes to playing the victim and believing himself the center of the universe, but instead of hating stats, he over-relies on them.

March.

In this thread, RChill honestly thinks he's the only reason anyone reads it. He's like RJ when it comes to playing the victim and believing himself the center of the universe, but instead of hating stats, he over-relies on them.

March.

Nah, I acknowledged another reason back on page 2 and I suspect there are others.

This thread is for people to pretend not to understand the difference between going 8-24, being among the 100 worst teams in college basketball, and signing Chase Fischer vs. going 11-20, being among the 100 best teams in college basketball, and signing Jaylen Hoard. And that’s not even mentioning the season y’all pretend doesn’t exist.

It’s also why I offered to set up a safe space for you. I respect that this board wasn’t made just for me and wouldn’t want anyone to feel unwelcome. I think it’s incumbent on the OGBoards community to do more than just have an ignore function to protect posters. I’m just trying to do my part.

I hope RChil and Creamy are with us in April. That would mean the basketball team had a good season and was an eighth seed in the Dance. I forget the other parameters for them to remain and would appreciate a review. I'm tired of watching losing basketball.

Wut? Are you actually pining for the [Redacted] years?

Dear lord.

I'll bite.

You are ignoring his point just to be an ass. Its tiresome. Fantasticly good the fans are excited and life is good. Fantastically bad and ronnie can't possibly keep him. I'm not confident ronnie won't find a way.

Please make a thread and stay there.

RNotChill, whatever it is you’re going through...

giphy.gif

March.

He's a fucking asshole. A walking billboard for birth control.

My conclusions about wake basketball is that we are only winning under Manning at a slightly higher rate than we were when [Redacted] was here. Everything else is window dressing

My conclusions about wake basketball is that we are only winning under Manning at a slightly higher rate than we were when [Redacted] was here. Everything else is window dressing

Win vs #1 Duke = Win vs #351 NCA&T. Any difference is just window dressing. Yay, we’re back here again!

Back