• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the men's basketball program now, finally, hit ROCK BOTTOM?

Have we finally arrived?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll bite.

You are ignoring his point just to be an ass. Its tiresome. Fantasticly good the fans are excited and life is good. Fantastically bad and ronnie can't possibly keep him. I'm not confident ronnie won't find a way.

Please make a thread and stay there.

Even if I give DD the benefit of the doubt, the bold is correct.

RNotChill, whatever it is you’re going through...

giphy.gif

He's a fucking asshole. A walking billboard for birth control.

Please teach me how to chill guys. Y’all seem so good at it.

Win vs #1 Duke = Win vs #351 NCA&T. Any difference is just window dressing. Yay, we’re back here again!

hold up

we beat #1 Duke!!??!!??!!

that is awesome; not sure how I missed it

I blame the nattering nabobs of negativism on this thread...

Win vs #1 Duke = Win vs #351 NCA&T. Any difference is just window dressing. Yay, we’re back here again!
Manning has beaten Duke? News to me. We play in a conference and Manning has not been materially more competitive overall in that conference than name redacted.

Manning has beaten Duke? News to me. We play in a conference and Manning has not been materially more competitive overall in that conference than name redacted.

what does this mean?

A win over the best team in the conference = a win over the worst team in the conference. Any difference is just window dressing.

what does this mean?

A win over the best team in the conference = a win over the worst team in the conference. Any difference is just window dressing.
It means that his overall Conference record is very comparable with name redacted overall Conference record among the worst coaches in ACC history. That's the bottom line he's a failure

hold up

we beat #1 Duke!!??!!??!!

that is awesome; not sure how I missed it

I blame the nattering nabobs of negativism on this thread...

Guys. We haven’t beaten #1 Duke.

It means that his overall Conference record is very comparable with name redacted overall Conference record among the worst coaches in ACC history. That's the bottom line he's a failure

So you believe the following statements:

A 30 point loss to the worst team in the conference is just as competitive as a 1 point loss to the best team in the conference.

A 30 point win over the best team in the conference is just as competitive as a 1 point win to the worst team in the conference.

So you believe the following statements:

A 30 point loss to the worst team in the conference is just as competitive as a 1 point loss to the best team in the conference.

A 30 point win over the best team in the conference is just as competitive as a 1 point win to the worst team in the conference.
We aren't talking about a single game we're talking about a 4-year period where their overall conference records are pretty identical.

to be fair, the ACC has gotten more competitive in Manning's tenure. The Virginia schools in particular have made tremendous strides recently; it's amazing the difference one great hire can make

We aren't talking about a single game we're talking about a 4-year period where their overall conference records are pretty identical.

But if all of the wins and losses that comprise those overall records aren’t comparable, then what makes the overall records comparable?

If you can’t say that one win is necessarily similar to another, then what allows you to say 21 wins are similar to 24 wins (or whatever it is)? There are a couple of steps missing.

If you are willing to accept that margin of victory and quality of opponent make a difference when evaluating a single win (or loss), why would you deny that it makes a difference when evaluating a series of wins (or losses)?

At least he's not infecting other threads currently. I view that as a win. Proceed...

I love the old "lose 'em close approach". It, and Manning fit Wake Forest to a tee.

Back