• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HATE CRIME: Racists abduct/torture special needs person, livestream it on Facebook

So we're clear, you felt the guy who felt compelled to point out (unsolicited) that the premeditated torture of a disabled person, broadcast live around the world, for the color of his skin wasn't an act as bad by comparison, wasn't the divisive asshole in this thread?

to me the race aspect is being overblown. from the article linked:

At the press conference, it was revealed that the unidentified victim and Hill were 'acquaintances' who had hung out a few times before. The two knew each other from attending a school together in Aurora, Illinois at one point.
The victim's parents dropped him off at a McDonald's in Streamwood on Saturday so that he could spend the night with Hill. He was reported missing on Monday when they could not get into contact with their son.
When Hill picked the victim up, he was driving a stolen van - something the victim apparently did not know. For the first two days, the two hung out visiting friends and the victim reportedly slept in the van at nights.
Things took a turn on Tuesday, when they visited the West Chicago residence of the Covington sisters. A few hours after they arrived at the house, where Cooper was as well, Hill and the victim got into a play fight that then escalated.

seems to me they are just twisted, fucked up people that tortured an acquaintance and spewed vile things for the internet. if the facts come out that they had planned to torture this guy because he was white then i'll take the l, but from the facts released by the police to date that doesnt seem to be the case.

to me the race aspect is being overblown. from the article linked:

seems to me they are just twisted, fucked up people that tortured an acquaintance and spewed vile things for the internet. if the facts come out that they had planned to torture this guy because he was white then i'll take the l, but from the facts released by the police to date that doesnt seem to be the case.

Just curious as it seems you are able to rule out race playing a role in this disgusting act. What evidence did you use to come to the conclusion that Darren Wilson was racist and shot Michael Brown because he was black?

if the people knew each other, maybe the race thing is overblown but they made their beds and can sit in a cell for a while to learn from their idiotic behavior. no matter how you look at this, it is disgusting and it makes my blood boil (even more due to the victim being learning disabled). if the appearingly raciest tone is due to uneducated adolescence behavior, just trying to be tough or 'gangster' (look at the snarl in the mug shot), i feel a very little bit of pity for them...they probably didn't know the extent of their crime. having said that, the time to treat this with kid gloves is over and they need to be made an example and judged to the fullest.

i will never understand how a human could do that to another, laughing and having a good time...i worry about the next generations.

Pretty sure Ph is the minority on this board.

Not in terms of political beliefs. I should have specified that I was going for that.

Anyways, weird day yesterday. Not sure why any of us, myself included, ever get heated or hurl personal insults.

if the people knew each other, maybe the race thing is overblown but they made their beds and can sit in a cell for a while to learn from their idiotic behavior. no matter how you look at this, it is disgusting and it makes my blood boil (even more due to the victim being learning disabled). if the appearingly raciest tone is due to uneducated adolescence behavior, just trying to be tough or 'gangster' (look at the snarl in the mug shot), i feel a very little bit of pity for them...they probably didn't know the extent of their crime. having said that, the time to treat this with kid gloves is over and they need to be made an example and judged to the fullest.

i will never understand how a human could do that to another, laughing and having a good time...i worry about the next generations.

TITCR.

Not in terms of political beliefs. I should have specified that I was going for that.

Anyways, weird day yesterday. Not sure why any of us, myself included, ever get heated or hurl personal insults.

Is bkf really your unk?

So is Facebook Live going to take down their silly TV ads for a few days?

Just curious as it seems you are able to rule out race playing a role in this disgusting act. What evidence did you use to come to the conclusion that Darren Wilson was racist and shot Michael Brown because he was black?

where did i rule out race as a factor? i said that the race aspect is being overblown. on this thread someone compared it to a guy who murdered a bunch of people worshiping and had a racist manifesto.

i don't understand your assertion that brown/wilson is at all similar.

where did i rule out race as a factor? i said that the race aspect is being overblown. on this thread someone compared it to a guy who murdered a bunch of people worshiping and had a racist manifesto.

For the 3rd time, I didn't compare those two. I actually made a concerted attempt to make sure everyone knew that I could discern the difference in the two crimes. I simply stated they all should rot in hell with Dylann Roof. A few folks took that as "Creamy is saying the crimes are comparable". I assure you, I fully understand the crimes are not comparable. I brought up Dylann Roof because his cowardice and heinous attack on the black church was racially driven, as was these 4 dick holes who tortured the white kid.

I really don't want to have to clear that one up again.

So we're clear, you felt the guy who felt compelled to point out (unsolicited) that the premeditated torture of a disabled person, broadcast live around the world, for the color of his skin wasn't an act as bad by comparison, wasn't the divisive asshole in this thread?

No, he wasn't since he wasn't the person who invited the stupid comparison in the first place. I still don't see how Ph's response was unreasonable.

John RK Howard may have been a better comparison, though he will not see any jail time for torturing a developmentally-disabled person of a different race. The bold is sick.

Back in May, three white high school football players in Idaho were charged with sexual assault after they abused their black mentally disabled teammate with a coat hanger in October 2015. Now, at least one of the attackers won't face any jail time.

One of the bullies, 19-year-old John R.K. Howard, pled guilty last week to a felony count of injury to a child. That's a lesser charge than he originally faced, forcible sexual penetration by a foreign object, which could've landed Howard in prison for life. Now though, Howard will avoid any prison or jail time at all, and could even have his conviction dismissed if he completes his two- to three-year probation without committing any new crimes or violations, according to MagicValley.com.

Before that, another one of the bullies, 17-year-old Tanner Ward, had his adult felony charges dismissed as a result of a plea deal, though he still faced at least one juvenile charge, Magic Valley reported in September. The third teen was also charged as a juvenile, so his case has been completely sealed.

Howard will be ordered to serve 300 community service hours in addition to his two to three years of probation. If Howard violates his probation, the maximum punishment a judge could order is 10 years in prison along with a fine of up to $50,000.

Deputy Attorney General Casey Hemmer told District Judge Randy Stoker that Howard's actions were "egregious" and caused "a lot of suffering" for the victim." Nonetheless, Hemmer said it was neither a sex crime nor a hate crime, which is why they lowered the charges.

According to the Daily Kos, uncensored reports from the school’s internal investigation found that Ward abused the victim with a black plastic hanger. According to the reports, Howard, who has a history of dry humping other players, likely "kicked the hanger multiple times, either embedding it into the rectum of (victim), or embedding it further."

Hemmer doesn't consider the incident to be racially motivated. While "there are things that we found going around that school and that locker room involving a lot of the parties here that had racial undertones," Hemmer told the judge, "It’s not our belief that this was a racially motivated crime."

Hemmer continued, "This was more of a vulnerable-victim motivated crime. I think it probably would have happened to anybody that was in the same kind of circumstances and mental state as the victim here."

That's despite the fact that the victim, who uses a wheelchair and suffers from mental disabilities, alleged that his attackers used racist language against him like the N-word, "chicken eater," "Kool-Aid," and "watermelon," and even forced him to learn a Ku Klux Klan song while holding a Confederate flag.

The victim's $10 million civil lawsuit is still going through the U.S. District Court, according to Magic Valley. The lawsuit claims that the school district, administrators, and football coaches were either aware or should have been aware of the abuse that the victim had to endure. The locker room assault with the hanger, the lawsuit claims, was just the climax of months of "severe and pervasive harassment, racial discrimination, mental and physical assault, and battery."

When we're all done jockeying for internet points, this country will still be sick.

Was race overblown in the brown/wilson in your opinion?

Nah, your name alone would make him disown you. It sounds like you would be one of those bathroom perverts.

For the 3rd time, I didn't compare those two. I actually made a concerted attempt to make sure everyone knew that I could discern the difference in the two crimes. I simply stated they all should rot in hell with Dylann Roof. A few folks took that as "Creamy is saying the crimes are comparable". I assure you, I fully understand the crimes are not comparable. I brought up Dylann Roof because his cowardice and heinous attack on the black church was racially driven, as was these 4 dick holes who tortured the white kid.

I really don't want to have to clear that one up again.

i think there's a very valid argument that the "racial motivation" is bigly different. did you read the information from the police press release i quoted?

Creamy, it's confusing when you say the crimes aren't comparable and then you compare them.

Unrelated question. You mention Roof's "cowardice." Could you explain that? It seems like a weird choice of words to me as it does when anybody describes a terrorist as a coward.

Back