• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HATE CRIME: Racists abduct/torture special needs person, livestream it on Facebook

was what wilson did similar to what these 4 did?

LOL. Not at all. Wilson was defending himself against a drugged thug criminal who had already committed multiple crimes within the hour....including larceny, assault and trying to take a gun away from a police officer....and was approaching him again in a threatening manner.

Comparing these two situations may be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on these boards.

Last edited:
Creamy, it's confusing when you say the crimes aren't comparable and then you compare them.

Unrelated question. You mention Roof's "cowardice." Could you explain that? It seems like a weird choice of words to me as it does when anybody describes a terrorist as a coward.

You're a smart man, PH and you should easily be able to understand what I'm saying.

The crimes were, in my opinion, both racially motivated. That is the only similarity in my eyes. how many different ways do I need to say that?

As far as your second question is concerned . . . REALLY? You don't find terrorism to be cowardly acts? I mean, in the truest of definitions and if you really want to nitpick my choice of words, then there are plenty of other adjectives to describe Roof or those other guys. Sorry that you don't approve of my choice of words.

LOL. Not at all. Wilson was defending himself against a drugged thug criminal who had already committed multiple crimes within the hour....including larceny, assault and trying to take a gun away from a police officer....and was approaching him again in a threatening manner.

Comparing these two situations may be the mot ridiculous thing I have ever read on these boards.

I wasn't comparing I was merely drawing attention to the ability of Deacphan to eliminate race from the most recent incident where they are saying fuck white people to the ability to assign race as a factor in the Wilson/Brown case.

i think there's a very valid argument that the "racial motivation" is bigly different. did you read the information from the police press release i quoted?

Just read it. I don't retract my views of this not being racially motivated but I'm willing to wait until more facts come out.

"Fuck White People" live streamed for the world to see, by those of another race, while torturing a white guy. To me, I don't see how this crime can't be viewed with racial motivations.

Last edited:
You're a smart man, PH and you should easily be able to understand what I'm saying.

The crimes were, in my opinion, both racially motivated. That is the only similarity in my eyes. how many different ways do I need to say that?

As far as your second question is concerned . . . REALLY? You don't find terrorism to be cowardly acts? I mean, in the truest of definitions and if you really want to nitpick my choice of words, then there are plenty of other adjectives to describe Roof or those other guys. Sorry that you don't approve of my choice of words.

When I think of a coward, I think of someone who is scared to do something. What was Roof scared to do?

Sorry I'm asking you specifically, but you brought him up and used the word. I see terrorists described as cowards and I don't get why.

I wasn't comparing I was merely drawing attention to the ability of Deacphan to eliminate race from the most recent incident where they are saying fuck white people to the ability to assign race as a factor in the Wilson/Brown case.

I understood that. My response was to deacphan's question, though....not to what you posted.

The main point of my post that one of the actions was completely justified and the other was totally unjustified.

ETA: Sorry for the confusion in my post. I could have probably worded it better.

Last edited:
Creamy, it's confusing when you say the crimes aren't comparable and then you compare them.

Unrelated question. You mention Roof's "cowardice." Could you explain that? It seems like a weird choice of words to me as it does when anybody describes a terrorist as a coward.

I'd say it was pretty cowardly that Roof chose a church full of unarmed worshipers and befriended them prior to murdering them.

I'd say it was pretty cowardly that Roof chose a church full of unarmed worshipers and befriended them prior to murdering them.

So it would have been more brave to just step in the door and start gunning them down instead of facing them directly and getting to know them a bit as people?

I just don't understand the logic. It seems like people apply a derogatory trait that doesn't fit when there are plenty of others they could use.

When I think of a coward, I think of someone who is scared to do something. What was Roof scared to do?

Sorry I'm asking you specifically, but you brought him up and used the word. I see terrorists described as cowards and I don't get why.

In this case the word coward can be assigned to an individual who kills / murders innocent people. It is not brave to shoot unknowing innocent unarmed people that are not trying to bring you any harm.

So it would have been more brave to just step in the door and start gunning them down instead of facing them directly and getting to know them a bit as people?

I just don't understand the logic. It seems like people apply a derogatory trait that doesn't fit when there are plenty of others they could use.

all terrorists are cowards. I hope this helps you.

I understood that. My response was to deacphan's question, though....not to what you posted.

The main point of my post that one of the actions was completely justified and the other was totally unjustified.

i think there's some argument with the justification for wilson. i get that you think there isn't but reasonable people can see both sides. no one could possibly justify what these 4 lunatics did.

Fair enough. I guess it's more of a media/political term that's used when talking about terrorism but I get it. However, I think there are A LOT of sick fucks like Dylann Roof out there but they're able to keep from taking extremist measures by seeking help, by self admitting into a mental hospital, etc. To me, the cowardly thing to do is take a bunch of innocent lives instead of taking care of your mental health.

If someone actually looks forward to their own death as an act of honor and envision themselves being a hero if they can take as many innocent, unarmed and unsuspecting victims with them as possible, the word "coward" absolutely should apply to their actions. Normal people don't think that way. Many terrorists do. There is nothing courageous about their act. And, in fact, it is cowardly. Facing death is something they look forward to doing. And the fact they do so with virtual assurance of being a hero (i.e. they face NO danger), makes them a coward. It is the cheapest possible way out. What would be "dangerous" to that terrorist? Attempting to kill themselves and a bunch of armed adversaries who know they are coming. Why is that "dangerous" to the terrorist? The danger does not lie in their death but in the fact they very likely will fail in their desire to murder others along with themselves.

I wouldn't call it courageous to commit an act of terrorism, but I am definitely to cowardly to ever blow myself up for a cause.

I wouldn't call it courageous to commit an act of terrorism, but I am definitely to cowardly to ever blow myself up for a cause.

Yes. But your mind set is normal. There are absolutely terrorists who think it is an honor to die. I just recently saw a video where a woman suicide bomber in Palestine was interviewed about a failed attempt. She was despondent she did not get to kill herself and that she would almost certainly not get another chance because Israeli intelligence now knew who she was. She wants to die while harming others. And to her it would be awesome if she could take out a bus load of innocent people with her.

Definition of coward
: one who shows disgraceful fear or timidity

noun
a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.
adjective
lacking courage; very fearful or timid.
proceeding from or expressive of fear or timidity:

this is a stupid argument but the use of coward to describe terrorist psychopaths is a strange thing folks have latched on to. is it just to undermine and belittle them or is there some logic behind it?

Back