• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hatfield & McCoys on History Channel

Ugh, they get you hooked going commercial less the first 40 minutes, then have 2 commercial breaks in the next 10 minutes.

Started a little late and just made it to the first commercial break. And as much as I swore off drinking forever after this weekend, I think I need bourbon. Still can't decide who I'm rooting for.

Yeah, I was planning for that and then I realized that deac2010 may really not know about the two families. I just figured that everyone had heard of the Hatfields & McCoys but have realized in talking to people about the miniseries the past few days that there are quite a few people who know nothing about it..

I figured everyone listened to Waylon..guess not..

I've got a Hatfield in my office from Ohio. I think I'm going to stop giving him shit.

Good friend grew up in Mingo county, WVA. His dad was a crooked politician (spent a couple of years in the can) and boy does he have some great stories.

As the great-great-great-grandson of a Confederate deserter, I think I gotta go with Hatfields. Plus the McCoy are such whiners. And that boy Hatfield is such a heart throb.

The wikipedia page on the feud paints a slightly different story than last nights production. Asa Harmon McCoy was actually hiding out in a cave rather than a moonshine still, and his slave was bringing him rations instead of his children. Also Bill Staton (related to both families interestingly enough) was killed 2 years after the pig trial, whereas the show made it seem like they were waiting in ambush later on that day.

Back