• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hatfield & McCoys on History Channel

The wikipedia page on the feud paints a slightly different story than last nights production. Asa Harmon McCoy was actually hiding out in a cave rather than a moonshine still, and his slave was bringing him rations instead of his children. Also Bill Staton (related to both families interestingly enough) was killed 2 years after the pig trial, whereas the show made it seem like they were waiting in ambush later on that day.

Get your wikipedia spoliers alerts out of here!

watching both tonight...caught up live...I'm digging this for realz. 3 night back to back mini series ftw! Hope they do more good stuff in that format and revive it.

Anyone watch Pawn Stars on Monday night when the guy had the Hatfield gun? I bet like hell he is glad no deal was made. The excitement this show has created has made that $15k triple!!!

They've been playing them quite a few times each night. Last night they played episode 1 before episode 2. I'm sure they're replaying them all late at night as well if you want to set your dvr.

yeah, i was dvring them and they were playing in the middle of the night. Also streaming from the history channel website.

All 3 episodes are being replayed on Saturday starting at 6pm. (6p-8p, 8p-10p, 10p-12m)

It also looks like all three are being aired tonight starting at 5pm. (5p-7p, 7p-9p, 9p-11p)

wow. Well, overall a great series. I felt like they kind of wrapped it up fast there at the end, but still outstanding overall. Intense.

wow. Well, overall a great series. I felt like they kind of wrapped it up fast there at the end, but still outstanding overall. Intense.

I don't think there was anyway to avoid that and remain true to history. Drama demands a final resolution where Devil Anse and Old Man McCoy face off but that's not what happened.

Without doing any research i'll ask this: Did the mini-series stay pretty true to life?

They condensed the timeline quite a bit and I think they made up the fact that Devil Anse and Old Man McCoy served in the same unit in the Civil War saving each others lives in the process.

But other than that and a handful of nitpicking details, they stayed remarkably true to the actual events. Much more than I was expecting.

Last edited:
Thanks Ranger. That really was a great series. As good as I was hoping for but better than I was actually expecting. History Channel is putting out some solid stuff recently.

Back