• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hatfield & McCoys on History Channel

Historical inaccuracies, such as the setting, didn't really bother me. My biggest issue was the lack of subtitles.

Overall it was good, but not great. I thought part 2 was the best, and I really liked the beginning of part 3, but the end was pretty lame (although I understand it was relatively accurate).

Actually it is not. Broke my heart to learn as well. GSOwake fan told be how he recognized one of the people bringing something in the shop who found a coin under the deck of his house and knew nothing about coin collecting, turns out he is a professional collector, and is at trade shows every week.

Still love the show, but it is staged to the max. Think it was luck that Cap Hatfield's gun was trying to be sold on Monday night just before the Hatfield & McCoy special? In case you missed it the expert said he thought it was legit, but there was some risk. Last offer for the gun was $14k and the seller wanted $19k. I bet he could get $40k online today after the special.

At least it's true.

The reason usually given for setting Civil War era movies in Romania versus the Appalachain Mountains is the problem of finding enough extras with the "emaciated" look of the times. Of course, the real reason is it is just cheaper to film in Romania.

Western North Carolina is still a frequently used location for Hollywood movies. The latest one to hit theaters that was filmed here was "The Hunger Games" that came out this spring.

There are a shit ton of movies filmed in and around Asheville.

me too, but i also recorded the episode before it, which seems more like just a historical synopsis. can anybody tell me if that part is worth watching? or should i just watch the mini-series?

bringing this question up again. is everybody only watching the mini-series? or are people watching this episode as well? if so, is it worth watching?

I've not seen that documentary yet, but am tempted to DVR it. The interwebs says its the premiere of that show, so I dont think its been on before.

I've not seen that documentary yet, but am tempted to DVR it. The interwebs says its the premiere of that show, so I dont think its been on before.

ah, my directv app on my phone didn't tell me that it was the premiere. makes sense now why nobody had seen it. thanks!

At least they didn't shoot it in California. Watch Justified and it won't take long to realize they are nowhere near Kentucky. I didn't realize it was shot in Romania, but some of the mountains didn't look like they belonged in W Va. Overall I found it entertaining for summer television.

Johnsie Hatfield: Awesome or Awful?

My personal favorite was banging Rosanna after saying, "we don't need their permission. God knows we are married."

Get you some Johnsie.

bringing this question up again. is everybody only watching the mini-series? or are people watching this episode as well? if so, is it worth watching?
I enjoyed watching the documentary almost as much as the miniseries. What did you think?

Back