• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hattrick (Online Soccer Management Game)

I just got punked by Hattrick, or more accurately, European standard time. Cup matches don't start until 8pm EST.

This Cup game leaves a lot to be desired. PIC, but only up 3-0 with 84% possession. Definitely time to get my striker a better partner or a sick winger.

Are $6-8MM keepers really worth it? I've got about $12MM to get 3 trainees and probably preferably 1-3 1st team guys (defensive trainer)

I think if you want a keeper with a skill >= titanic, you need to spend that kind of cash.

I'm up 0-11 in my cup match. 9 different scorers.

Wow! With my new keeper, my defending has gone up 3 full levels in each sector.

Piotr Toporowski (248037322)
23 years and 88 days

In solid form, excellent stamina.
A popular guy who is fiery and infamous.
Has inadequate experience and inadequate leadership
Total Skill Index (TSI): 117*780

Speciality: Powerful

Winger: Mythical
Passing: Excellent
Scoring: Inadequate
Set Pieces: Solid

Paid: 3,576,000

That was a good purchase right? There was no transfer compare and I had no bidding competition. I was really really confused.

What does his PM look like?

My only critique would be that his wages are going to suck and that he'll be very prone to cards. Otherwise, great purchase.

What a crock of shit. My TS dropped because I bought a pleasant guy. That happens 25% of the time...lame.

What does his PM look like?

My only critique would be that his wages are going to suck and that he'll be very prone to cards. Otherwise, great purchase.

Weak PM and Weak Defending. The PM should come up a little since I'm training PM. And yes. wages will slightly suck

Hattrick is something I've thought about getting into before but haven't made the plunge. Maybe I'll read that lecture and consider it.

Are there similar simulations for other sports? Baseball maybe? Football or basketball would be cool too.

Hattrick is something I've thought about getting into before but haven't made the plunge. Maybe I'll read that lecture and consider it.

Are there similar simulations for other sports? Baseball maybe? Football or basketball would be cool too.

The old scout board (and therefore I assume this board) had a pretty large contingent that played a football simulation game. That's all I really know.

I know there's some good basketball ones out there, as well. Buzzerbeater was created by the folks who made Hattrick.

As for other sports, I know they exist, but I don't think they're that great.

I just signed up, and it says I have to take a manager license test but have no idea where to go or what I am doing. Any tips?

I just signed up, and it says I have to take a manager license test but have no idea where to go or what I am doing. Any tips?

Anyone want to mentor me. I really have no idea what I am doing, and the site says the creation of my team was delayed.

Anyone want to mentor me. I really have no idea what I am doing, and the site says the creation of my team was delayed.

I'd love to mentor. Ask any questions you have, and I'll try to provide pointers.

It's been ~4 years since I did the manager license thing, but assuming things are pretty similar, you'll be prompted with a laundry list of things to complete before you become a fully functioning team. The tasks are supposed to be educational, so that as you are completing them, you are learning about certain facets of the game.

If you get a chance, could you post the list of tasks?

It's been ~4 years since I did the manager license thing, but assuming things are pretty similar, you'll be prompted with a laundry list of things to complete before you become a fully functioning team. The tasks are supposed to be educational, so that as you are completing them, you are learning about certain facets of the game.

If you get a chance, could you post the list of tasks?

Challenge 1: "Naming your arena" - 5,000 US$

Challenge 2: "Promoting a youth player" - 5,000 US$

Challenge 3: "Checking finances" - 10,000 US$

Challenge 4: "Checking your players" - 10,000 US$

Challenge 5: "Hire a staff member" - 10,000 US$

Challenge 6: "Searching for other users, teams, etc." - 10,000 US$

Challenge 7: "Booking a friendly" - 15,000 US$

Challenge 8: "Placing orders for a match" (4-4-2) - 25,000 US$

Challenge 9: "Joining a forum" - 10,000 US$

Challenge 10: "Bid on a player" - 15,000 US$

Challenge 11: "Checking match results" - 10,000 US$

Challenge 12: "Transfer listing a player" - 15,000 US$

Challenge 13: "Choosing training type" - 10,000 US$

Challenge 14: "Placing a new match order" (4-4-2) - 10,000 US$

Challenge 15: "Fill in your details" - 20,000 US$

Challenge 16: "Read about Hattrick Supporter" - 10,000 US$

Challenge 17: "Getting Hattrick Credits" - 10,000 US$

Challenge 18: "Changing formation" - 10,000 US$

Challenge 19: Quiz - 6,500 US$

Challenge 20: Quiz - 6,500 US$

Challenge 21: Quiz - 6,500 US$

Challenge 22: Quiz - 6,500 US$

Challenge 23: Quiz - 7,000 US$

Challenge 24: Quiz - 7,000 US$

So am I just waiting at this point to get a team, or can I do some things?

Back