• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hattrick (Online Soccer Management Game)

I've been convinced to go the slow route and train defense. Hopefully I'll be patient enough to see it through.

I've done everything I can for the license. Just waiting for a GM to approve my info.

I need to fill in trainees and should probably try to do it before tonight's match. What am I looking for? 10 17-18 year olds with at least passable defending skill?

Any major changes since I left HTTD?

Just applied for my new team so I can be established when I get back home.

How much should I be willing to spend on these trainees?

I need to fill in trainees and should probably try to do it before tonight's match. What am I looking for? 10 17-18 year olds with at least passable defending skill?

Yup, that's it. Don't worry if you don't get all 10 before the match, though, since you'll only be playing 5.

How much should I be willing to spend on these trainees?

How much money do you have? I would make sure you buy your new coach first and then see where you stand. A weak trainer is garbage...buy a passable one first, and remember not to pay extra for leadership - that doesn't matter.

Any major changes since I left HTTD?

Just applied for my new team so I can be established when I get back home.

Nice! There have been some changes to formations, training, and the match engine. More or less things are the same, though.

I've been convinced to go the slow route and train defense. Hopefully I'll be patient enough to see it through.

I've done everything I can for the license. Just waiting for a GM to approve my info.

1. Not a bad decision
2. Be patient
3. Counter Attack every match
4. Be ready to make bank in a few seasons

Ughhhhh 69% possession and down 1-0 at the break. This guys D is insane.

Well, I'm only down 1-0 at the half, but I've only had 29% possession and one of my new defensive trainees got sent off after two cards in the first half. My "organization" is falling apart. Apparently I had one decent scoring chance but that was it. I don't except to start of with a win.

Well, I'm only down 1-0 at the half, but I've only had 29% possession and one of my new defensive trainees got sent off after two cards in the first half. My "organization" is falling apart. Apparently I had one decent scoring chance but that was it. I don't except to start of with a win.

Your organization will stop dropping after 3-4 matchs in your desired formation

I couldn't really have cared any less what happened in this first match (although I was playing the one other human-controlled team in my league (VI.914) so it would have been nice to perform a bit better. Still, not going to worry about it. I lost 5-1.

I also just finished my manager license including all the quizes so that's all good.

I got a little bit cramped for time this afternoon trying to make sure I got 5 defenders off the transfer market who would start being my trainees and would play in tonight's match. I got that done. 3 of them were 17, 2 were 18, and all passable defenders.

Tonight after the match I went and got a new coach, spending the $79K on a passable trainer with poor leadership (defensive-minded).

So, I've got a new coach, I've got a few trainees, I've got a training strategy. Is there anything else I need to do other than recruit another 5 defensive trainees? I currently have 1 assistant coach and 1 spokesperson. Should I hire some more assistants?

I've got $192K left in the bank. My first 5 trainees all cost less than $10K (most less than 5K). Should I try to spend more on younger/more talented defenders for my remaining 5 defenders? Use the cash on other positions? What about the rest of my roster?

Sorry for having so many questions. I think I'm off to a decent start, just need a bit more guidance. I assume I don't need to be in much of a rush right now with nothing happening until my friendly on Wednesday, right?

I've got $192K left in the bank. My first 5 trainees all cost less than $10K (most less than 5K). Should I try to spend more on younger/more talented defenders for my remaining 5 defenders? Use the cash on other positions? What about the rest of my roster?

Don't worry about the result - it's typical for most users (who have a plan) to take a couple seasons before they win their first series. It sounds like your series is really uncompetitive, so you may be making an impact sooner rather than later.

Good work picking up your new coach and trainees. Since you have done well with your money so far, I'd recommend spending a little more on your remaining trainees. Perhaps look into buying solid defenders, or passable ones with decent secondary skills (winger, playmaking, and passing are all valued on a defender) around the inadequate/passable level. Beware of bid wars, though - on more valuable/desired players, bidding managers can easily and quickly raise up the prices to levels that are impractical. In general, try not to spend more (or much more) than the average or median transfer comparisons for that player. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to hire a few more assistant coaches.

As for the rest of your roster, make sure that you have enough players to field the rest of your team - for now, just use the scrubs you started with. Any excess players, try to sell them if they are worth $5k or more on transfer compare, otherwise fire them.

It sounds like you've gotten a decent grasp of the initial stages of the game. Things will go slowly and repetitively, but stick to your training plan and you'll be in improving in no time. Don't hesitate to keep asking questions!

I'd divide up whatever you have left and go for a little higher quality defenders. Maybe look for passable defending and passable/inadequate passing.

I tied my first game. What does the bandaid and the red cross mean? All my defenders are passable or above. Should I look for forwards now, or get some middies. What am I looking for in asst. coaches? Should I get a psychologist, spokesperson, doctor, or psysiotherapist? Did anyone have any problems with the sms message, as that is the only thing left on my license?

I tied my first game. What does the bandaid and the red cross mean? All my defenders are passable or above. Should I look for forwards now, or get some middies. What am I looking for in asst. coaches? Should I get a psychologist, spokesperson, doctor, or psysiotherapist? Did anyone have any problems with the sms message, as that is the only thing left on my license?

Band-aid means the player is dinged up but can still play and train with the team. A red cross indicates the player is injured, and the number next to it is an estimate for the number of weeks he'll be out. Younger players heal faster than older players, and hiring doctors also expedites the process.

What are you training? After you've locked down your trainees, I wouldn't buy any additional players, mainly because you don't have much money, and because also it won't matter much in your team performance at this point.

In the beginning stages of the game, staff aren't so important. I would grab a few assistant coaches and a spokesperson or two (they'll help raise supporter money every week). The other staff members are nice but not a necessity, and only cost you more money at this point.

Band-aid means the player is dinged up but can still play and train with the team. A red cross indicates the player is injured, and the number next to it is an estimate for the number of weeks he'll be out. Younger players heal faster than older players, and hiring doctors also expedites the process.

What are you training? After you've locked down your trainees, I wouldn't buy any additional players, mainly because you don't have much money, and because also it won't matter much in your team performance at this point.

In the beginning stages of the game, staff aren't so important. I would grab a few assistant coaches and a spokesperson or two (they'll help raise supporter money every week). The other staff members are nice but not a necessity, and only cost you more money at this point.

Training playmaking right now. What does TSI mean? Is that like an overall rating for a player?

Back