• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Patches, please.

I hit the gold cap (30 wins in one day for 100 gold/10 gold for every 3 wins) for the first time, ever. And I did it in two hours playing Patches Hunter in this All-Star Squad Brawl. It's ridiculously quick, since someone concedes almost immediately in most matchups.

The only two, true hard-counters that I played were Ice Block Mage (this is unwinnable) and an opponent playing Patches who got to go first. Going first with Patches is almost always an auto-win, especially in the mirror match.

In my 30 wins, I did scrape together victories (and some losses, of course) against supposed counters: Armorsmith Warrior, Power Word Glory Priest, Maelstrom Portal Shaman, and Unstable Ghoul Warrior (the latter is actually not a good counter, and I never lost to it).

So I just topdecked chemist into felfire potion when I was at 6 health and opponent was at 5 and he had just adapted all his silver hand recruits to taunt. I friended just to say sorry, gg.

307wwb4.png

I went obvious choice and picked muzzy but I'm sure he'll get knocked out early now.

I picked Jason Zhou. I liked his top 4 finish at Blizzcon and homefield advantage. But I'm also skeptical of the Spirit Echo Shaman he is bringing...

Here's the HCT Spring Championship Preview, with decklists - it starts tomorrow at 10pm EST on the official Twitch channel. And don't forget they're opening with the announcement of the next expansion.

Last edited:
New expansion info is leaking. "Knights of the Frozen Throne" and will likely focus on undead themes and the Lich King. Lots of info and speculation on Reddit if you're bored.

I have Muzzy in the HCT event, so hoping he can pull it out!

Also making my first ever attempt to hit Legend. Trying to get to rank 10 by today/tomorrow. Then will push to 5 by the end of next week. That gives me 2 weeks to get 25 games over .500.

I have Muzzy in the HCT event, so hoping he can pull it out!

Also making my first ever attempt to hit Legend. Trying to get to rank 10 by today/tomorrow. Then will push to 5 by the end of next week. That gives me 2 weeks to get 25 games over .500.

Good luck!

New expansion info is leaking. "Knights of the Frozen Throne" and will likely focus on undead themes and the Lich King. Lots of info and speculation on Reddit if you're bored.

That would be awesome. I regretted not being around during the Wrath of the Lich King days. Those raids were pretty boss and tough even a few expansions later.

Back