• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

I got so fucking tired of seeing Burn/Freeze Mages (just played five straight at rank 12), that I teched in an Eater of Secrets. Results from my first game.

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2007-06-17%2020.18.40_zpssy86hbbl.png

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2007-06-17%2020.19.26_zpsl9y9k1ex.png

I was sure to give my 'Thanks' to Jaina.

I think if I had all the cards, time warp mage with antonidas would be the deck I'd want to play most. Seconded by probably quest warrior and then some lyra priest.

Yeah, this is going to be fucking awesome.

On the other hand, 3/4 HCT matches being off stream is amateur hour. Come on, Blizzard.

I am glad that there is an adventure, but yeah those rewards are weak.

Still, I'll take an adventure over not adventure.

My initial thoughts is that the hunter death knight card seems slow. The Prince Keleseth card will get some play but not as much as I originally thought. I was thinking about 2 drops in the various decks I play and whether it was worth the trade off to play this card. I wonder if that means we'll see more hand buff Paladin?

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by Blizzard's improvements, clearly at the behest of their users.

-No more duplicate legendaries
-You can permanently complete your quests with friends
-An average +700 extra gold (from double rewards) in these two weeks leading up to the new release
-A free legendary (and three packs) from the free adventure content
-At least one more legendary within your first ten opened packs

Last edited:
My initial thoughts is that the hunter death knight card seems slow. The Prince Keleseth card will get some play but not as much as I originally thought. I was thinking about 2 drops in the various decks I play and whether it was worth the trade off to play this card. I wonder if that means we'll see more hand buff Paladin?

I am holding out hope that Hunter can have a viable Control deck! I meme'd around with Reno Hunter back in the day, but it was never competitive (definitely a Johnny deck).

As for the Prince, I will not doubt the community's ability to make it work somehow (your handbuff Pally idea is a good start), but he just seems like a worse Mistcaller - and he never really worked out. My prediction: Pack filler.

Also, I never change my cardback, or look at my cardback collection, but I just realized one of the early ladder cardbacks was Icecrown:

200px-Card_back-Icecrown.png

What's the schedule for announcing new cards?

I'm still pissed I got arguably the worst legendary in the current expansion (Hemet). Although I also got some of the better ones in Elise, Sunkeeper Tarim, and Kalimos so I shouldn't complain too much.

I also got the stupid rogue plant.

It would be an interesting mechanic if you could trade cards to other players. Of course that would lead to people creating new accounts to get free packs to farm legendaries but it would be interesting if Blizzard could somehow work it out.

The lifesteal mechanic taken from MTG/Eternal/etc is interesting. Of course they already have that mechanic with the 2/2 paladin legendary that gives hero life back, but it's a cool idea to introduce to Hearthstone.

I know most are probably conserving gold for xpac, but I think the double gold rewards are a good time to play arena. Its a lot more forgiving if you only get 2-3 wins, but still manage to complete a quest in the process. I will probably stop doing runs at some point closer to release so I can save some gold.

All 4 Chinese entrants were completely shut out of the playoffs...on their home soil. Pretty embarrassing.

Wow. Ant goes through to the HCT Semis (and punches his ticket to the World Finals) on the most dirty, disgusting, fucking ridiculous draw...this is the stuff of your nightmares:

Turn one: Innervate, Fledgling
Turn two: Coin, Other Fledgling
Turn three: Mark of Y, Enchanted Raven
Turn four: Bloodsail Corsair (pulls Patches), Savage Roar

Game over.

Regardless of what your opponent is running, that's an auto win

I know this is against the grain, but I still think the rogue quest nerf was uncalled for. There were some really impressive matches in HCT that required a great deal of skill in playing quest rogue. I think Hoej played a really long, drawn out quest rogue game last night that impressed the shit out of me. I'll try to find it and post later.

ETA - think it was the first game against citizennappa, around 11 minute mark.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/157783295

Another reason why I says this is that pirate warrior is still OP and is more brainless than quest rogue. I asked HTTD last night what decks were good to ladder with because I've been slacking on ladder. He suggested pirate warrior, and its been pretty much a constant win streak so far from rank 19 to 12.

Last edited:
Back