• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

If you want to tech/experiment, Saronite Chain Gang and the second Devolve are good substitution targets.

What wrecks that deck? As a lover of hunter decks, I can't stand shaman. I'm tempted to just play an anti-Shaman hate deck.

What wrecks that deck? As a lover of hunter decks, I can't stand shaman. I'm tempted to just play an anti-Shaman hate deck.

It all depends on draw but I've wrecked that deck with Hunter and Jaina Mage. The key is controlling what minions the Shaman has on the board. If you can get them to the point where you've cleared their board after they Thrall, you're in pretty good shape.

The best counter right now is Control Warlock, imo. Defile is a HOF card in the matchup, and should be mulliganed for every time you see Thrall. Despicable Dreadlord & Abyssal Enforcer are also crazy good. Unfortunately, this deck isn't that great against the rest of the meta.

A more balanced, but still generally favorable matchup, is Highlander Priest. The trick is timing your removal so you get the biggest bang for your buck, but sometimes that's not even necessary because the deck creates so much card advantage to utilize all those removal spells.

Historically, Freeze Mage is also a great counter, especially if you're running Volcanic Potions on the low end of the curve.

Hunter is widely regarded as the best/easiest matchup for Token Shaman. My experience is small, but I tend to agree - Rexxar has next-to-zero AOE removal and wins by having the board, something that is extraordinarily difficult against a value trading, board flooding deck.

After bouncing back and forth between six and seven for a week, I just hit dad legend with tempo rogue.

I'm afraid I might not make it this month. At rank 12 and time is running out. Leave for Topsail Saturday morning.

Just haven't been that motivated to play. Think I burned myself out on arena.

I switched to token shaman last night and had pretty good success. I haven't played much this month so I'm looking to crack the rank ten today.

Haven't played much this month, only a few games here and there. At rank 10 only but I was wrong about the nerfs, the meta seems to have shaken out into a much healthier mix of classes.

I've been experimenting with adding the Mage quest to my control Jaina deck. I dropped Arcane Intellect, Skulking Geist, and Baron Geddon for the quest and two Cabalist Tomes. It's been working pretty well. Skulking Geist isn't necessary anymore since everyone isn't running Jade Druids now. I haven't missed AI and Baron is great but I need the Tomes for the quest.

I also run Arcane Giants in this deck so being able to time the two works great but doesn't happen *that* often.

rawarr wrekt me with him in a friendly match yesterday. I'm sure he can shed some insight.

On a tangential note, how awesome are all of the DKs? I want them all.

rawarr wrekt me with him in a friendly match yesterday. I'm sure he can shed some insight.

On a tangential note, how awesome are all of the DKs? I want them all.

I kind of feel the same way about the DKs. I have Jaina, Rexxar, and Valeeria. I kind of wish I had Thrall, Gul'dan, and Anduin as well. I'm okay with not having Uther, Garrosh, and Malfurion.

I kind of feel the same way about the DKs. I have Jaina, Rexxar, and Valeeria. I kind of wish I had Thrall, Gul'dan, and Anduin as well. I'm okay with not having Uther, Garrosh, and Malfurion.
Guldan is pretty good and definitely fun to play with, but Warlock decks as a whole are not top tier. If he was 8 mana I think he could carry Warlock by himself but he's 10.

I always craft stuff that i want to play with to have fun so I'd recommend it on that basis, but if you're trying to manage dust to craft competitive stuff, I'd honestly wait to see how the next expansion shakes out.

Back