• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

2) Played a control Warrior who dropped all of this on one turn: Raging Worgen, 2x Inner Rage, +3/3 to a damaged creature, and charge for a 13/1 windfury, charge guy. 26 damage to the face. It's a great combo, but how often do you get all 5 of the cards in your hand?

This shit happened to me again - dude had a 4 attack weapon, too, so 30 damage in one turn without a clue it was coming.

Well, now I understand if a Warrior is holding cards and only controlling the board with spells and weapons...

Yeah, I watched a pro play that deck and then I tried it with much less success. It is a tricky balance between keeping board clear, getting 5-10 damage on face early and saving/drawing those cards for the kill.

I've been playing with an Antonidas mech deck that I got to over a little bit of time through trial and error. I did some research and come to find that the deck is pretty popular with only a couple differences from mine including a Slyvanis which I don't have yet. I don't know if I should be proud of myself for finding a deck on my own through trial and error that other people use or bummed that I could have just looked it up in the first place/it's a relatively common place deck. Anyways without too much work I'm in the 13/14 range and trying to get over that hump.

I'd feel proud you came up with something on your own. That is hopefully my next step. I now just copy tournament decks and that has gotten me to rank 10-11, but I think I need to constantly tinker with decks and adapt to the meta as I am laddering. I was playing a big druid deck with 2 ancient of lores, 2 ancient of wars, cenarius, Kel Thuzad, and lots of taunts. Got 1 star off from getting rank 9, then started losing a bunch with it so time to switch it up.

Is there a better taunter than Valeera?

The pleasure is mine.
Mistakes were made. (my personal favorite)
I will be your death!

Survived a worgen + two attack and charge + cruel taskmaster something else combo for 22 when I was at 30. Won 8-0 on a fireball!

I've been playing with an Antonidas mech deck that I got to over a little bit of time through trial and error. I did some research and come to find that the deck is pretty popular with only a couple differences from mine including a Slyvanis which I don't have yet. I don't know if I should be proud of myself for finding a deck on my own through trial and error that other people use or bummed that I could have just looked it up in the first place/it's a relatively common place deck. Anyways without too much work I'm in the 13/14 range and trying to get over that hump.

I got my Antonidas deck to rank 6 in December. I was playing a LOT of games over the holidays.

This season I'm only up to 11.

Is there a better taunter than Valeera?

The pleasure is mine.
Mistakes were made. (my personal favorite)
I will be your death!

Priest is such a noob. Everytime I hear "The light shall burn you!" I can only think of the exorcism scene in This Is The End.

Up to level 10 with my mech mage deck. It's really good against all warlock types (handlock and rush), druid, and is passable against hunter although I haven't seen many. It's not great against priest decks (I seem to go about 50/50) and it's horrible against paladin decks.

I'm probably gonna jinx it, but I have a SICK arena paladin deck right now. 3-0, with finishing each game with 30, 30, and 26 health. All the valuable 2 drops, knife juggler, mech warper, 2 shielded minibots. Then I have 3 truesilver champions.

Up to level 10 with my mech mage deck. It's really good against all warlock types (handlock and rush), druid, and is passable against hunter although I haven't seen many. It's not great against priest decks (I seem to go about 50/50) and it's horrible against paladin decks.

Would you be willing to share that Mech Mage deck for comparison?

I have one that has me at Level 13 I think but can't seem to get over the hump, wanna see if there's something I'm missing.

Fucking hell....just had a Priest Thoughtsteal both of my Savage Roar's, a Swipe, and my Sneed's Old Shredder to win the game....fucking bullshit.

Undertaker getting nerfed to only gain 1 attack per deathrattle played.

I never really had a problem with Undertaker. I generally run Mage decks and there is adequate/easy removal there.

I'm ready for the Muster For Battle + Quartermaster nerf now.

For 8 mana, a Paladin can fill the board with 3/3 3/3 3/3 2/5 and keep a 1/4 weapon.

I'm ready for the Muster For Battle + Quartermaster nerf now.

For 8 mana, a Paladin can fill the board with 3/3 3/3 3/3 2/5 and keep a 1/4 weapon.

It's a flashy combo, but not that great of a [mana] value.

If you hypothetically could play a vanilla 3/3 for 2 mana (this would be a steal), and say the vanilla 2/5 is 3 mana; without counting the weapon that's 9 mana worth of creatures.

Now if there are other Silver Hand Recruits out, the value goes up. Also, there's value in putting that many creatures on the board without using many cards, but this is not OP IMO.

Last edited:
Back