• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

@heelsyes says BzzOut at end of year

Go

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
Reaction score
According to a very good source he says on the Twitter. @bloggersodear retweeted it last night, wondering if anyone has some scoop or has heard anything?

#anotherBzzthread

#sorryimnotsorry

His exit has been in the works for over two months. Tick tock.

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

30075yu908.gif

adriansito.gif

sbtb4.gif

sytycd-gif1.gif

Really think that the home losses to GT and FSU probably sealed it. Prior to those losses -- and particularly last season -- it was a lot easier for the powers that be to hide their collective head in the sand as long as we continued to display non-terrible home performances, especially once you mixed in a few marquee wins (e.g., Miami). This falls in line with our general impression that boosters, the BOT, Hatch/Wellman, the AD, etc. tend to overvalue home wins vis-a-vis road losses; we prioritize what we see right in front of us.

After the GT and FSU debacles, that's no longer the case. The guys with the purse strings have seen up close and personal just how hopeless the Bz situation is, and I feel like those two losses may have in some way broken the proverbial camel's back on this one.

I called the GT loss rock bottom because it sealed [Redacted]'s fate.

I'm so tired of being right. :thumbsup:

Regardless of wins/losses, I have to believe that the bzz error's negative impact on Wake Will and plummeting AD numbers have to have been the impetus behind any pressure end this disaster. Fan displeasure has been ignored for 4 years, but $$$ talks.

The most unfortunate part is that after this whole shit show, are we still a top job? Has Wellman's actions as well as the overall demise of the program limited who we can get next?

The most unfortunate part is that after this whole shit show, are we still a top job? Has Wellman's actions as well as the overall demise of the program limited who we can get next?

Have to find someone who really wants to be at Wake, much the way Clawson really wanted to be the coach here. Its not a job for everyone, more so now than 10 years ago.

Regardless of wins/losses, I have to believe that the bzz error's negative impact on Wake Will and plummeting AD numbers have to have been the impetus behind any pressure end this disaster. Fan displeasure has been ignored for 4 years, but $$$ talks.

thanks to everyone that said "i want bzz gone but it's important to keep giving to the university." you really helped delay things nicely. (i keed i keed. sort of).

i hate to jinx it but here's top hoping this is almost over.

Metrics I was told were at least .500 in conference and 19 wins after ACC tourney. Neither of which, barring everybody we play from here on out having all starters sick and unable to play is going to happen, time for him and us to move on.

Back