• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

@heelsyes says BzzOut at end of year

Rock bottom as in the end of the road for [Redacted], so the program as a whole will improve.

If we lose on ACC Wednesday then [Redacted] should just resign in the post game press conference.

Rock bottom as in the end of the road for [Redacted], so the program as a whole will improve.

If we lose on ACC Wednesday then [Redacted] should just resign in the post game press conference.

Yes. What would be even more beautiful is to have the Deacs go on an unfathomable win streak and claim an ACC championship, and Bz still resigns in the Sunday post-game presser. What a day to be a Deac that would be.

i would prefer mckie walking out to the press conference:

"travis, where is coach [Redacted]?"
"we came through the tunnel and he walked right out the back door. we heard tires screeching... well not screeching. those priuses are pretty quiet when you start 'em up. probably was a good thing dan. coach childress was a few steps behind after signing a few autopgraphs for some kids. i saw one of the shirts he signed and it said 'i'm gonna kill [Redacted]. chill22)"

Realistically, as DV7 stated the GT loss was the tipping point for almost any support remaining, all any fans can do now is support the players and hope for a good hire to improve things.

this is why i continue to go to games - to support our players.

I called the GT loss rock bottom because it sealed [Redacted]'s fate.

I'm so tired of being right. :thumbsup:

IDK about that being "rock bottom"... I reached my lowest point so far when RW delivered that smiling eulogy last year where he announced that the Bzaster would be back for Year 4.

So Jay Vidovich walked into Wellman's office a few seasons ago and the conversation apparently went as follows:

Jay: Hey Ron. Nice weather today.
Ron: Hi Jay, congrats on the national championship.
Jay: Thanks, we worked really hard and we're proud to bring a title back to Winston-Salem. But anyways, I wanted to come in here and offer my resignation to you.
Ron: Hmm, I am tempted to accept it but I guess you've done enough this season to warrant coming back next year.
Jay: Thanks, I'll keep working hard to better WF's soccer program.
Ron: I'll have my eye on you so don't slack off.

JAY: I will aspire to the great job that all your other hires are doing for their respective sports.

I think the most likely scenario is that Buzz has already decided to retire entirely or has an NBA gig lined up.

Stunning to me that losses to GT and FSU convinced the powers that be that that was the final nail in the coffin for [Redacted]. Where have they been all season? Or rather the past 4 years?

I wonder if anyone knows how Bzz feels about it. I mean I couldn't blame him if he's tired of it all. I know he gets paid a lot, but it truly must suck coming to work every day.

He should have stuck by his guns and forced Ron to accept his resignation. Pussy.

I wonder if anyone knows how Bzz feels about it. I mean I couldn't blame him if he's tired of it all. I know he gets paid a lot, but it truly must suck coming to work every day.

I said this as well at some point last year. Everyone has their price tag and I guess we're paying him at or above his for his self respect and dignity. His name and family and reputation is just getting raked through the mud this year.

Geez, just went over to UMBC, Bz's coaching alma mater, and it looks like their still doing things the [Redacted] way. Look at this write-up and tell me you could replace Retrievers with Deacons and think it was from one of our games. Also they are at a similar conference record - 5-8.

Burlington, Vt. – UMBC tied a season-high with 21 turnovers, leading to 21 Vermont points, and the Retrievers fell to the first-place Catamounts, 76-52, in America East men's basketball action at Patrick Gymnasium.

Vermont (17-9, 11-1 AE) has won six straight games and 13 of its last 14. The Retrievers fell to 9-17 overall and 5-8 in league play.

UMBC freshman post David Kadiri (Beltsville, Md./Coolidge) snared a season-best 11 rebounds and added six points, two steals and a blocked shot. Classmate Rodney Elliott (Baltimore, Md./John Carroll) played just 24 minutes due to illness, but still led UMBC with nine points and four assists.

Vermont opened the game on a 12-1 run as UMBC did not record its first field goal until a Kadiri lay-up at the 13:46 mark. The Retrievers turned the ball over 13 times in the first 20 minutes and trailed, 37-21, at the break.

I said this as well at some point last year. Everyone has their price tag and I guess we're paying him at or above his for his self respect and dignity. His name and family and reputation is just getting raked through the mud this year.

For nearly $6 million plus whatever Wellman gives him as a parting gift, I could endure a lot for 4 years.

For nearly $6 million plus whatever Wellman gives him as a parting gift, I could endure a lot for 4 years.

Hell, I read what the ogboards crew posts as a DISTRACTION and for FUN. Where's my money

Back