• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Here we go (BUZZ's RETURN CONFIRMED BY AD)...

Heck, isn't that one of the strengths we were sold when he was hired? He understood how sports success fit the academic mission of the university?

I don't know how we can model the university after ND and Duke and sell out sports.

Soooo... did nobody else notice that ND's sports were kinda "meh" while Hatch was Provost there and improved once he left?

I can't be the only one to see that connection...

If a donor gives enough money to be considered a "big donor" then there isn't much need to kiss ass. If anything the athletic department kisses their ass.

8eLkH0t.gif

my god that gif is gold.

Is it bad taste to tweet at current players and recruits asking them to transfer/decommit, because that's where I'm at right now.

No that's a great idea. We should further hinder any success by keeping recruits from playing for us.

As I've documented persoanlly, this is a great concern of mine and for lots of parents of young kids. I just don't get why RW doesn't see how important our small alumni fanbase is. It's not like there's a huge bandwagon group to fall back on.

Can you imagine being a rising senior at Wake, and finding out today that all four years of your time @ MSD were going to be defined by this coaching regime?

I was speaking with someone the other day who does on-campus recruiting of graduating seniors for a company here in DC. He mentioned that the first question they ask candidates is why they chose their school. The most common answer from Wake Forest student is something along the lines of "I wanted to attend a small school with great academics, but also with big-time athletics." He also mentioned that most recently, the latter part of that statement comes with a caveat of resignation and disappointment, as if to say "I might've made the wrong decision."

So thank you, Mr. Wellman. You embarrass yourself. But more painfully, you embarrass all of us.

If a donor gives enough money to be considered a "big donor" then there isn't much need to kiss ass. If anything the athletic department kisses their ass.

FWIW, A big donor @ Wake is the $500 level. Take it for what it is, which is not much...

Isn't it weird to go to the press to announce there will be no coaching change? What's the point of that?

Just keep your pie hole closed, RW. We've heard enough BS from you to last a lifetime.

Is it bad taste to tweet at current players and recruits asking them to transfer/decommit, because that's where I'm at right now.

I have no problem with that. That's the only option they have right now, if they want to be on a winning team.

My two kid are just getting to the age where we can start watching sports together. Right now my daughter is a Florida Gulf Coast Fan and my son is a Michigan fan. Thanks Ron Wellman. This is the huge elephant in the room to which the administration seems oblivious. Generational loss is the exact term for what is happening. The administration is playing the fiddle while the Titanic sinks. Dedicated fans are ridiculed for not jumping on board and going down with the ship.

I honestly don't know why I care. I graduated from Temple University (class of 09) and they have been in the tourney the last 6 years, yet I still hold an allegiance towards Wake because they were the team that gained my interest in basketball when I was in 4th grade. I honestly should only care about Temple basketball yet Wake basketball gives me more joy and sorrow. Don't know why it is still this way, but this may be the move that breaks me.

That's the ass kissing I was talking about.

Back