• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HEY FATTIES!

How so? That's how burning food for energy works.

You think consuming 100 calories of cake is the same as consuming 100 calories of salad? Your body reacts differently to the types of foods you put in it.

You think consuming 100 calories of cake is the same as consuming 100 calories of salad? Your body reacts differently to the types of foods you put in it.

The cost to process food is different. Spikes in insulin exertion are different. Satiation is different. However, if you eat under your TDEE, you'll lose weight 99.9999% of the time.

1278927839_fat-cat.gif

fat-boy-rex-o.gif

9Tx2scn.gif

I've reached the point in my life where the artificial cheese they put on those sandwiches and nachos just seems disgusting.

Yep- Arby's roast beef alone is all that you need! Nom nom nom. Hold that nasty cheese wiz.

I've reached the point in my life where the artificial cheese they put on those sandwiches and nachos just seems disgusting.

I will never reach that point in my life. Weird, artificial, creamy canned cheese product is one of my favorite things. I rarely eat it, but when I do it's like ambrosia.

I've reached a point in my life when I've realized there's a finite amount of cheese left for me to consume (which is of course true for all of us) and I'm not going to waste it on any cheese "product". Give me real, interesting cheese or gtfo.

Same for beer.

The cost to process food is different. Spikes in insulin exertion are different. Satiation is different. However, if you eat under your TDEE, you'll lose weight 99.9999% of the time.

Nah, at least not in my case. I strictly counted calories for a year and got zero results. This year I switched my focus to macros and weight came off quickly and relatively easily.

Nah, at least not in my case. I strictly counted calories for a year and got zero results. This year I switched my focus to macros and weight came off quickly and relatively easily.

Same here for the most part. Big thing for me was cutting out carbs. I am sticking to 50 net carbs or less, 70 grams of fat or less, and at least 100 grams of protein every day. Weight is coming off a lot quicker than just counting calories before.

When you do something radical, make sure it's something you can stick with. "Diets" fail because most people go back to their original lifestyle when they're done.

A change in diet should be an actual change in your diet if you want to maintain it.

Same here for the most part. Big thing for me was cutting out carbs. I am sticking to 50 net carbs or less, 70 grams of fat or less, and at least 100 grams of protein every day. Weight is coming off a lot quicker than just counting calories before.

This is basically calorie counting using the IIFYM method. You're targetting around 1230 calories (depending on how much under your maxs and over your mins you end up), just getting there by counting macros not calories. I'm not saying your method is right or wrong, I say the most effective diet is whatever you have success with and can live with.

Back