• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HEY FATTIES!

This is definitely a lifestyle change for me, not a diet.

From 2012

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...ricans-more-in-healthcare-costs-than-smoking/

Obesity Now Costs Americans More In HealthCare Spending Than Smoking

A report out today on the high cost of obesity serves to highlight, once again, that there is so much more to the Affordable Care Act than what has met the public’s eye.

Reuters is reporting that obesity in America is now adding an astounding $190 billion to the annual national healthcare price tag, exceeding smoking as public health enemy number one when it comes to cost.

Last edited:
From 2012

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...ricans-more-in-healthcare-costs-than-smoking/

Obesity Now Costs Americans More In HealthCare Spending Than Smoking

A report out today on the high cost of obesity serves to highlight, once again, that there is so much more to the Affordable Care Act than what has met the public’s eye.

Reuters is reporting that obesity in America is now adding an astounding $190 billion to the annual national healthcare price tag, exceeding smoking as public health enemy number one when it comes to cost.

timthumb.php

Hence why there should be nothing wrong with fat shaming. Cigarette shaming has played a big part in decreased usage. People should be encouraged to put up No Lardass signs in their establishments should they so choose.

Hence why there should be nothing wrong with fat shaming. Cigarette shaming has played a big part in decreased usage. People should be encouraged to put up No Lardass signs in their establishments should they so choose.

What we should be doing is taxing the fuck out of fast food and sugar, like they do now with cigarettes. Use that money towards all the subsidized healthcare, and let the companies and consumers pay for their choices.

What we should be doing is taxing the fuck out of fast food and sugar, like they do now with cigarettes. Use that money towards all the subsidized healthcare, and let the companies and consumers pay for their choices.

This plus more widespread healthy alternatives.

Some "fast food" type health food restaurants.

It would definitely help.

There needs to be some sort of cheap convenience options for food.

Making health food difficult to obtain and taxing unhealthy foods is just going to make poorer fat people.

There needs to be movement in both areas.

There are healthy options at McDonald's. There's a reason people order Big Macs and not grilled chicken sandwiches.

While better than a Big Mac, it's still not what I'm talking about.

I'll drop it.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...ed-to-go-low-carb-to-burn-body-fat-study-says

If you've ever tried to lose weight, you've probably gotten drawn into the argument over whether it's better to cut carbs or fat from your diet. A new study doesn't completely resolve that question, but it does provide an important insight.

Some proponents of the low-carb diet insist that you must cut carbs to burn off body fat. Their reasoning goes that when you cut carbs, your body's insulin levels drop, and that's essential in order to burn fat.

To put that question to the test, Kevin Hall at the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases and colleagues recruited 19 obese volunteers (average weight over 230 pounds) to participate in a rigorous study.

i thought cigarette shaming has also driven obesity

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...ed-to-go-low-carb-to-burn-body-fat-study-says

If you've ever tried to lose weight, you've probably gotten drawn into the argument over whether it's better to cut carbs or fat from your diet. A new study doesn't completely resolve that question, but it does provide an important insight.

Some proponents of the low-carb diet insist that you must cut carbs to burn off body fat. Their reasoning goes that when you cut carbs, your body's insulin levels drop, and that's essential in order to burn fat.

To put that question to the test, Kevin Hall at the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases and colleagues recruited 19 obese volunteers (average weight over 230 pounds) to participate in a rigorous study.

That's like about a dozen other true scientific studies I've seen that came to the same ultimate conclusion that CICO is what matters most for weight management.

On the other hand, unfortunately something like this n=1 sample size experiment is what's going to have a bigger effect on how the population views nutrition http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/what-eating-40-teaspoons-of-sugar-a-day-can-do-to-you/

On an advanced "Hey Fatties" topic, I'm digging this interview with Layne Norton, PhD. I like his stuff.

Note: I am not a power lifter.

That's like about a dozen other true scientific studies I've seen that came to the same ultimate conclusion that CICO is what matters most for weight management.

On the other hand, unfortunately something like this n=1 sample size experiment is what's going to have a bigger effect on how the population views nutrition http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/what-eating-40-teaspoons-of-sugar-a-day-can-do-to-you/

Here's my take on different macro nutrients. Carbs aren't evil, but simple carbs don't have much value to them. Sugar (HFCS) is crap because it get puts into stuff, where it doesn't belong, just adding extra calories. Fat isn't bad, but you gotta watch how much fat you eat because fat has way more C/gm than the other macronutrients.

Back