• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hey folks, the Bzz Show is on Radio!

Yeah when it happens we need to start over. Chill can keep whatever madeup position that Wellman created for him this season though. Everyone else can leave.

I just hope Bz doesn't ruin Battle's next step. He deserves a shot somewhere decent and I hope he gets it this offseason.

Last edited:
To me Battle is bulletproof. I would hate to see him go down with the ship.

For the record, I think Battle is an awesome dude. He's had many recruiting coups for us, I think.

But if we fire [Redacted], I see zero reason why we shouldn't clean fucking house.

Under Dino, we sucked at basketball. Under [Redacted], we suck at basketball. The one constant is the assistants - if they were worth a damn, surely they'd be able to teach something.

Everything I've read suggests Battle is leaving on his own volition after this year, whether [Redacted] gets his rightful firing or not.

Still on BzzzInnnn Island with jaybone, dude?

For the record, I think Battle is an awesome dude. He's had many recruiting coups for us, I think.

But if we fire [Redacted], I see zero reason why we shouldn't clean fucking house.

Under Dino, we sucked at basketball. Under [Redacted], we suck at basketball. The one constant is the assistants - if they were worth a damn, surely they'd be able to teach something.

This seems like faulty logic. I think that's a decision that needs to be made when a new HC is actually hired.

That's my somewhat objective opinion.

My somewhat subjective opinion is: the new HC going to be hard-pressed to bring in a handful of assistants who all come with as much as what Coach Battle (and even Rusty) bring to the table for WFU.

If the best option is a HC who has a solid stable of assistants that he views as irreplaceable to his system; so be it. I still view Battle & Rusty as assets to the program at this point & I think it would be a mistake to leave them out in the cold (...I've got to think the market for our assistants isn't what it used to be) before we know exactly what direction we're heading.

Battle and Rusty are liabilities. If they're not, then they must not have been doing much as coaches over the last several years. They've helped steer a sinking ship. The sentimentality that leads people to want to keep them on the staff is the type of sentimentality that put us in this position in the first place.

I'd love to go back to the days when we sucked at basketball under Dino. 2 NCAA Tournament appearances in 3 years.

The truly frightening thing is that he was a 2. I think he is a serviceable point. He's not dribbling it off his foot out of bounds any more. He still can't finish at the rim on the drive but he can get there with that (hopefully).

But seriously, can anyone on this board imagine in what parrallel universe he would be a shooting guard in D1?

A poor man's Gary Clark.

Poor man's. And Clark was an awful shooter for 3 years.

G$'s shooting increased every year, and to say he was an awful shooter for 3 years is total BS. In his junior season, he shot 42% from both 3 and the field. TC will never shoot 42% from 3.

The disturbing thing about the Bzzz show is that I get no sense of an overall coaching philosophy. Just a guy who tries to say what he thinks the fanbase wants to hear.

"No one said this but I'd bust out laughing if I heard someone call in and say, "Hey coach, why do you suck so bad." (click)

Reading Comprehension 101 for $100.00 please.

Awareness 101 for $500.00 please.

"No one said this but I'd bust out laughing if I heard someone call in and say, "Hey coach, why do you suck so bad." (click)

Reading Comprehension 101 for $100.00 please.

the post was updated after i asked him

time-stamp awareness 101, moron

Battle and Rusty are liabilities. If they're not, then they must not have been doing much as coaches over the last several years. They've helped steer a sinking ship. The sentimentality that leads people to want to keep them on the staff is the type of sentimentality that put us in this position in the first place.

My thoughts exactly. These assistants--great men and representatives of WF though they might be--have been key components of multiple unsuccessful regimes. They recruit, scout, instruct, and coach just like the man in charge.

If we're going to make a change, we need to go all in. The "Skip plus" era needs to be put to bed, for better or worse.

The disturbing thing about the Bzzz show is that I get no sense of an overall coaching philosophy. Just a guy who tries to say what he thinks the fanbase wants to hear.

And the worst part of that is, he fails terribly there too.

Wrote this back in early January and it is still my opinion on him as a basketball mind.

Tuned into the radio show tonight for about 3 minutes (thanks to TITSWF for tweeting something about it.)

He was asked a question about offensive rebounding. He went on about how he valued offensive rebounding and emphasized it in practice for a few seconds, then he went on a tangent about how if guys wanted to score more they would crash the offensive glass for a few more seconds. Then for the remaining 2 minutes or so that I listened, he just started dropping statistics from throughout the season on rebounding numbers and shots taken for both Wake Forest and our opponents.

Then it hit me. Jeff [Redacted] is that stat nerd that thinks he knows a shit ton about basketball, and probably does in theory, but has no idea how to fucking teach the damn thing.

I'd love to go back to the days when we sucked at basketball under Dino. 2 NCAA Tournament appearances in 3 years.

Bzz has convinced me that Dino didn't suck. Maybe not great, but not sucking..

Bzz = a new perspective.

I really need to get around to researching if this clown is the worst major conference hire of my lifetime.

I've speculated for a while the Rusty is pretty much just dead weight.

I love the guy and what he has meant to the school, but I just dont get the sense he does that much coaching.

Back