• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hey folks, the Bzz Show is on Radio!

I've speculated for a while the Rusty is pretty much just dead weight.

I love the guy and what he has meant to the school, but I just dont get the sense he does that much coaching.

He's there to recruit. He has solid connections in NC still via his legacy, his AAU experience, and coaching days.

He is about as good of a coach as you or I would be, though... Check his HC record if you don't believe me...

Everything I've read suggests Battle is leaving on his own volition after this year, whether [Redacted] gets his rightful firing or not.

Still on BzzzInnnn Island with jaybone, dude?

tom-hanks-in-cast-away.jpg

That's me, but the spark of flame is symbolic of our next win, whenever that may come.

Everyone that hates AAU hoops is a racist.

Some people that hate AAU basketball are racist and some are not. Some people that are racist hate AAU basketball. Some people that are not racist hate AAU basketball. Some people that like AAU basketball are racist and some are not. Some people hate AAU basketball and some do not. Some AAU basketball is better than other AAU basketball. Some high school basketball is better than some AAU basketball. Some high school basketball is worse than some AAU basketball. Some people like AAU basketball. Some basketball players play better in AAU than on a high school team. Some basketball players play better on a high school team than in AAU. Some AAU teams are dirty and some are not. Some AAU programs help kids get noticed and some do not. Some people know little to nothing about AAU basketball but talk about it all the time. Some people know a lot about AAU basketball and don't talk about it very much. Some people know some about AAU basketball and talk about it sometimes.

I'm subjecting myself to the pain of listening to this for the first time & its just downright painful to listen to... I'm omitting the copious amount of 'uhs' and am just transcribing as I listen so I might be a word or two off here and there:

"Our players got down on themselves. They did. As much as we did our best as a staff and myself as a leader to uplift them and to encourage them and to keep them hanging in there, a couple of guys got discouraged and they (UVA) kept hitting shots."

"I feel great, I do. Last night, I know our players got discouraged. Quickly. And Again, that’s unacceptable and that’s not the standard for which these players are held to."

“Moto is a top 100 player in all the rankings... Aaron Rountree, same thing”

wtf Bz.

You've got a good group of guys coming in... but spouting off nonsense like that doesn't exactly help your credibility with those of us not drinking your Kool-Aid.

----
Top-100

Moto
Rivals - No
Scout - Yes (#88)
ESPN - No

Rountree
Rivals - No
Scout - No
ESPN - No

he was fed the Gibbons rankings, and was pimping them out all show.

From a NewsObserver article in July:

"I always think classes should be ranked two years after the fact," [Redacted] said. "I remember getting an email from a Colorado alum ([Redacted] previously coached the Buffaloes) who jumped all over me for signing Alec Burks. He said he was a three-star guy and we needed better players. A year later, the guy has season tickets on the floor and he's upset Burks is leaving early (he was the 12th pick in the NBA Draft last month)."

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/07...ing-up-deacs.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

I would really, really like to see that email Bz...

Alec Burks was the highest rated guard you signed in 3 classes by over 60 (position ranking) spots & was probably about 200 spots ahead of anybody that signed with CU in the years leading up to your hire (the best I can find is Corey Higgins who was ESPN's #107 SG, where as Burks was the #40 PG).

From a NewsObserver article in July:

"I always think classes should be ranked two years after the fact," [Redacted] said. "I remember getting an email from a Colorado alum ([Redacted] previously coached the Buffaloes) who jumped all over me for signing Alec Burks. He said he was a three-star guy and we needed better players. A year later, the guy has season tickets on the floor and he's upset Burks is leaving early (he was the 12th pick in the NBA Draft last month)."

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/07...ing-up-deacs.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

I would really, really like to see that email Bz...

Alec Burks was the highest rated guard you signed in 3 classes by over 60 (position ranking) spots & was probably about 200 spots ahead of anybody that signed with CU in the years leading up to your hire (the best I can find is Corey Higgins who was ESPN's #107 SG, where as Burks was the #40 PG).

I want to say that he signed a decently ranked SG prospect at Air Force, too, but I don't think the kid ever played. I think Andre Roberson (or, cross your fingers, our entire 2012 class) is a far better example of his abilities as a talent scout...

I want to say that he signed a decently ranked SG prospect at Air Force, too, but I don't think the kid ever played. I think Andre Roberson (or, cross your fingers, our entire 2012 class) is a far better example of his abilities as a talent scout...

I can't figure out when he was offered, but Roberson committed to Boyle, not [Redacted].

I can't figure out when he was offered, but Roberson committed to Boyle, not [Redacted].

It's close, but either way, [Redacted] and co. were on him far before anybody else.

Whether you want to attribute that to [Redacted] or not (we have debated this at length at least 20 times) is up to you, but the Roberson offer didn't just appear out of thin air. Colorado was nonetheless onto him while [Redacted] was HC.

I don't like [Redacted] and I feel comfortable saying that I'm Bzz'out, but he has an eye for talent in the lower ranks (whatever that means) that I kind of have to trust or :cliffs:.

It's close, but either way, [Redacted] and co. were on him far before anybody else.

Whether you want to attribute that to [Redacted] or not (we have debated this at length at least 20 times) is up to you, but the Roberson offer didn't just appear out of thin air. Colorado was nonetheless onto him while [Redacted] was HC.

I don't like [Redacted] and I feel comfortable saying that I'm Bzz'out, but he has an eye for talent in the lower ranks (whatever that means) that I kind of have to trust or :cliffs:.

Not trying to take away credit here, I just don't know if he found him or if Boyle was already on him. Given that the staff didn't otherwise change much it's certainly possible.

He definitely did a great job finding CMM and Burks though.

It's been discussed on this board. CU didn't make contact with him until the weekend Bzzzz took the Wake job, so he really wasn't involved in his recruitment at all.

OGB posted a quote from that shady CU asst that Bzzzz told him to go to a tourney to look for a PF, and that he saw him but by the time he was back that Bzzz had accepted the Wake job and it was Boyle's decision to offer him.

Last edited:
Back